E3.10 Spark Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I am changing plugs in my snowblower and am considering using this plug over the stock Champion.

Will it perform better? I thought for $6 what the heck and thought I may try one in the snowblower.

I hate to say it, but it's a snow blower. It's going to be really hard to beat your typical NGK or Champion spark plug, provided your tune is correct.

try it and let us know how it works for you, i use them and couldn't be happier, i know some folks that race quarter midgets (their kids do) and they swear by them, they claim they have slightly faster lap times with better pick up, also they claim to use slightly less fuel with them.

I just wanted to see how they hold up over a season of clearing snow. Also heard they burn better and leave less carbon deposits.

Good thing is here in Wi, I still have not had to use the snowblower yet... Knock on wood. LOL.

Last edited:
Also, e3 plugs are made in china, NGK are made in either Japan or the USA. they are a gimmick, they don't work any worse than a regular plug, but they don't really work any better either. I've had the best experience with NGK plugs.

Over the summer I tested the E3 plugs vs NGK vs Oem Champion vs the Fine Wire performance Champion plugs. After 6 mowings of my lawn, and measuring the gas that went in and the amount of gas left after mowing the E3 plugs at least for a yard machines (MTD) showed fuel savings.

I've used the E3 in my two stroke weedeater-no noticeable difference one way or another, I'd just stick with a champion or NGK. I don't care for champion in autos, but in OPE the bang for the buck factor works out. Can't comment on a snowblower as I built one with a diesel engine-look ma', no spark plugs!

i tried one in my push mower. a new e-3 and it would take 4-5 pulls to start the engine. put the 8 year old champion that came with the mower back in and it starts on the 1st pull like it always had. I tossed the new e3 in the trash. I should have sent it back to e3 and requested a refund, but i didnt.

Just some gimmicky plugs. Champion EZStart plugs can rival/better them at a fraction of the price.

For those flatheaders (OPE), there should be no differences perceivable other than making your wallet lighter. But then again: w/o double-blind testings, just like those OTC additive users, they will swear by the stuff they buy, no matter how awful they turn out to be.

Q.

"just like those OTC additive users, they will swear by the stuff they buy, no matter how awful they turn out to be."

Science doesn't matter to them......

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!! BELIEVE!!!

i think different engines will have different results with this plug,there has been some legitimate proof that these plugs make some slight improvements on some engines, like anything personal results are varied. i used them in my truck and they were awesome for about 15 to 20k mi, then i felt the performance was gone and i needed new plugs. i think if these were made with better quality then they would be a much better plug, just remember when the ngk v-power plugs came out they were deemed a "gimmick" plug and had reputation for not yielding as much performance as traditional plugs. for some reason no one wants plus to change, guess we need to use the same plug design that our great grandfathers used.

"for some reason no one wants plus to change, guess we need to use the same plug design that our great grandfathers used."

Ahhhh, no....

Sensible people change when it's advantageous to do so. Changing for the sake of change makes no sense whatsoever. Particularly when one is changing from a proven good thing to a gimmick.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
"for some reason no one wants plus to change, guess we need to use the same plug design that our great grandfathers used."

Ahhhh, no....

Sensible people change when it's advantageous to do so. Changing for the sake of change makes no sense whatsoever. Particularly when one is changing from a proven good thing to a gimmick.

have you tried these plugs? and you can't tell me that there isn't a better way to create a spark. like i said before the v-powers introduction was seen as a "gimmick" and is now widely accepted as the industry standard, just saying don't be so quick to dismiss such things, that only impedes progress. also the e3 is just a spin off of side gaping plugs which has a proven history of better performance in the racing world, so it's really not a new concept and has been proven to work time after time.

Last edited:
"have you tried these plugs?"

Been there. Done that. Learned my lesson experimenting with gimmick spark plugs.

Not as easily sucked in as I was in my youth. That's the benefit of getting older. If you're gifted with at least half a brain, you should pick something up along the way.

However, I'm certain that there is a portion of the population who don't. They can have my share of the E3s. I'll pass.

unfortunately this guy has hit road block after road block with patent laws and other bureaucracy which has prevented his plug from having a wide market but i think he's on the right track.

Sorry. Can't eat that either. Particularly the 24:1 fuel ratio and 40% better fuel economy.

What they're alluding to, is equivalent to me saying that if I light this stick of dynamite with a lighter instead of a match, I'll get a 40% bigger boom. Something beyond normal physics is required to accomplish that kind of gain, and I doubt that it can be achieved by a spark plug.

When something sounds "too good to be true" ........

these "firestorm" plugs have been recreated and tested with huge success, and are actually the basis for the new plasma ignition system that auto manufactures are playing with currently. his numbers in the video are a bit high by todays standards but at that time ignition systems weren't that great and i could see big gains being possible,the entire concept of the internal combustion engine is based off of ignition, the better the ignition the more performance/economy will see. the bosch plus 4 plugs can be considered a gimmick plug but many german and volvo cars come factory with them and if you use anything else they won't run for [censored]. but they were designed to use them and take advantage of their superior spark exposure that they provide. buy what you like and if it works for you fine but the spark plug is due for some improvement.

Last edited:
I have a Champion and a E3.10... If it ever snows here in Wi, then I will try them both for a few clearings and see if they perform the same. Also want to see if one stays cleaner then the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back