MS-6395 Chrysler Oil Spec- I Have Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been using Mobil 1 EP or Mobil Advanced Syn for 20 plus thousand miles with no issues. My question is: In my owners manual it specifically states use API Certified Oil with the Chrysler MS-6395 Spec. I don't see this rating on any Mobil bottle of syn. that I remember. I'm not at all concerned about the quality of the oil with or without the spec, what I'm concerned about is would I have warranty issues due to not running the correct spec oil Chrysler tells me too.

Last edited:
Sorry for posting this guy, I found some past information on this site that helped answer my questions.

your best luck would probably go to the website of the oil of your choice, and see there.
I Googled "MS-6395 Chrysler oil spec", and clicked on the Pennzoil link, then scrolled all the way down to the PYB, and it shows it meeting the spec, as well as all the other Pennzoil var. except the high mileage, and Ultra Euro.
Not seeing it listed on any of the mobil oils...
Quaker State - all but the high mileage oils list this spec..
Valvoline - All list this spec. except any of the Maxlife (high Mileage)formulations, or racing oils.
Not saying those others DON'T cover that spec, just not listed on manufacturers website.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hooligan24
does anyone know what the spec actually requires the oil to contain or meet?

Yah, that would be nice to find out. I'm thinking why some oil isn't certified by the O.E.M. is all due to money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back