Mobil Super High Mileage VS. Valvoline MaxLife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know red bottle Valvoline MaxLife used to be a blend , but now it doesn't say if it is anymore.

So I'm tempted to try the new Mobil Super High Mileage oil ( which also doesn't say if it is a blend or not) as it is less expensive and makes the same claims as the MaxLife.

Anybody make the switch since the price went up on the MaxLife?

Or for a few bucks more made the switch to Mobil 1 full synthetic Hig Mileage oil?

WRONG!!!! read the back of the bottle more closely on the Mobil Super HM... It states it is a blend AND it is also resource conserving to boot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark72
WRONG!!!! read the back of the bottle more closely on the Mobil Super HM... It states it is a blend AND it is also resource converving to boot.

You are correct that MSHM is a synthetic blend.

Originally Posted By: tig1
WRONG!!!! read the back of the bottle more closely on the Mobil Super HM... It states it is a blend AND it is also resource converving to boot.

Yup…I have converted from using any other brand of HM oil..they can keep their thick stuff. Maybe placebo but I SWEAR the gas gauge moves down much much slower on this HM oil that is also resource convserving..

Yup…I have converted from using any other brand of HM oil..they can keep their thick stuff. Maybe placebo but I SWEAR the gas gauge moves down much much slower on this HM oil that is also resource convserving..

So you are getting better results from the Mobil Super High Mileage because it is less viscous ( and therefore resource conserving)?

Have you been tracking your MPG useage or is this just something you feel like is happening?

Does the Mobil Super HM condition the seals as well as Maxlife ( when I switched to Maxlife I noticed less drips under the car).

Originally Posted By: RegDunlop

So you are getting better results from the Mobil Super High Mileage because it is less viscous ( and therefore resource conserving)?

Have you been tracking your MPG useage or is this just something you feel like is happening?

Does the Mobil Super HM condition the seals as well as Maxlife ( when I switched to Maxlife I noticed less drips under the car).

My 95 Dodge has no leaks since switching to Mobil Super High Mileage $13.50 for a 5 qt jug, Max Life is $16.50 for a 5 qt jug why would I buy Max Life to support their advertising campaign.

I just read your post about getting better MPG with Mobil Super HM than other HM brands. How much of a difference did you notice with the Mobil Super HM? The reason I ask is because it seems like I have lost a few MPG since switching to Valvoline Maxlife about 800 mi. ago. I assume this is due to the fact that it is not energy conserving.

When I used MSHM in my vehicle, it was getting past the valve steam seals and it smoked, comepared to Pennzoil HM. Valvetrain wasn't as quiet.

Having used Maxlife and am presently using MSHM, I would say that my car seems to like the MSHM better. Does gas mileage seem to be better? IMO, yes, by about 1 MPG.

I used some Mobil Super HM in a neighbor's Camry that was blowing blue smoke at start up. After about 1500 miles, the smoke was gone. Then his son got rear ended and the Camry was totaled.

If I could get my hands on the Mobil 1 HM, I would use it over the other two, but in the end, any will work fine for ya most likely.

Originally Posted By: Toto
why would I buy Max Life to support their advertising campaign.
For me, I buy Maxlife because I can get it in 5W-20. I can't find Mobil Super HM in 5W-20.

I would prefer to use Mobil Super HM if I could find it in 5W-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back