Accel Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up 2 cases of Accel OW-20 Full Synthetic oil on Amazon for $3.79 per quart. Has anyone used this oil - never saw it in any stores before. I could not resist the price so I got 12 quarts including free shipping. The oil will be used on my 2012 Honda Odyssey witch requires this thin oil. The guys at honda are asking for $8.00 per Quart!

accel is one of the main brand of WPP. Same producers of peak, supertech and MAG 1 oils. Mag 1 and Accel are good oils for the prices.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I really think that Warren is going to be a major player in the oil world.

+1 Peak is the new Citgo, appearing everywhere like supermarkets where people want "just oil". They've built an impressive distribution network from scratch in short order. Maybe antifreeze was their "in"?

That's not going to happen, but it's a decent average oil formulation. At that price I'd choose it over Castrol Edge.

The Japanese OEM 0W-20s are superior but it's unfortunate that some US dealers choose to over charge for it. It can be had for 5 bucks/qt but in the States it appears you have to hunt/negotiate for it.

Thanks for all the replies, to be on the safe side I will probably change the oil at 7,000 miles and get an analysis of it.
Then if all goes well, will stick to the on board computer down to about 10% remaining oil life. Which will be about 9,000 miles or so.

I see this coming now....my local WM has stated expanding their oil section (curious which oil/brands they "kill off" though....!) - We now have 10W-40 "SF" Accel Motor Oil......and then there's a flavor of 10W-30....actually rated "SN"! I was surprised....since Accel has been one of those 'quite' brands that never gets talked about, due to the big popularity of their "odd" oils in convenience stores and such (really....people still need/use Straight 30, Non Detergent? :p lol....

But yea, just thought I'd point this out
wink.gif
Still no sign of an "Accel" Synthetic oil though....just the 10W-40 SF (I guess, caters to those classic car owners....which we do have in our area....), and the 10W-30 SN
smile.gif
Which really.....good idea, cause 10W-30 is basically a "year round oil" here in FL with our high heat...then again, I suppose this could just be a "seaonal" change at WM....it appears their shelving get changed around about every 6-8 months, new stuff comes, old stuff goes, etc....and with this hot winter, and likely even hotter summer ahead of us, perhaps they are trialing the 10W-30 accel
smile.gif

But I'm curious if it'll move....likely due to the fact that "Accel" is considered one of the "[censored] oils" lol....

I'm not a fan of "thick" oils....but kinda curious how the 10W-40 "SF" will run in my car......it is an 88 Dodge Aries that actually specs SF....:) though, even back in the days of production, Dodge spec'd 5W-30 for the vehicle.

1. There are simply too many oil choices including XOM/WPP (you can tell) that are known good to even bother. Went through this 6 months ago. Accel Straight-30 Non-detergents oil in the 1999 Mystique 4. Straight 30.

2. No neeed for Accel synthetic when Supertech Synthetic 10W-30 is in quarts and the oil you NEED to have in your car.
wink.gif
(id use it. I would. Normal ST first, maybe.)

Walmart IS the most major player in the oil markey since you can presume the lowest price is there. Spend from $11.84 on ST to $30 for PU if its there... they already are. You can even get two grades RP there. RP changed the website.. so they do know its there.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: 45ACP
You can even get two grades RP there. RP changed the website.. so they do know its there.
wink.gif

RP has never denied that WalMart has been selling RP oils. What they have said all along and continue to say on the new website is that they are not selling it to them directly. WalMart is getting it through some 3rd party source. Not sure what your point is?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

+1 Peak is the new Citgo, appearing everywhere like supermarkets where people want "just oil". They've built an impressive distribution network from scratch in short order. Maybe antifreeze was their "in"?

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back