Hemi Cam Phaser Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no cam phasers in a 6.1. That particular engine is all about performance, no fuel economy tweaks on it or in it.

5.7 and 6.4 are durable as rocks, very few issues at all versus production numbers.

i was asking because mine went bad and is being replaced as we speak and the dealership was saying that a few on the 5.7's from 09 thru 11 and the 6.1's from 08 thru 09 have been coming in with the same problem. i wanted to see if this is true because they have had the car for a week and have not been able to get their act together. i'm thinking their bull#$% me and trying to get some of the warranty money out of me.

the only mods i have on mine is magna flows with reso deleted and a cai. i use only mobil 1 except ofr 2 oil changes where i used mobil super synthetic. they tried to bring an oil issue up saying that maybe the cause. they are now anti mobil 1 since chrysler went to pennzoil/quaker state as the supplier of mopar oil. i'm frustarted and confused by the smoke they're throwing up.

That's a real problem at the stealerships these days. There's so much baloney.

Come see us at 300cforums.com. We have a ton of the new ones on there to talk to.

thanks i really appreciate the input. im going to create an account on your forum. unfortunately my vehicle is still under warranty and have no choice but use them.

Just remember that you can choose another one. They can be very different in their approach to customer service!

My selling dealer was fantastic on price, but EXTREMELY lousy on service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back