Jammed Honda Odessey CD changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter's CD changer jammed on the 2005 Honda when changing discs. The display below says jammed. It tries to eject, but can't. Then hangs up and won't let the GPS screen come back up.

Any tricks?

I have freed many jams by simply sticking another disc in while it is trying to eject. Somehow I think it helps the eject mechanism level out and come free. Just stick it in and push/pull while ity is ejecting - don't actually push it all the way in. Try it a few times - might work for you too.

There is a little door that has to open. It doesn't move out of the way to let you put anything in.

with my suburban I disconnected the battery for a minute. then reconnected. that worked for me. it may not for you - but it costs nothing to try

Well, I tried google. 23,400 hits with the same problem. One guy has posted very explicit instructions to fix it and several have thanked him, so tomorrow I'll join the crowd. Says it only took a couple of hours to remove, disassemble and reassemble.

Burned CD's jam 10x more than the prerecorded one's you buy. Something about the width of the disc.

This happened on a 'new' used Chevy Blazer(S10 clone) 2004...I believe it was a burned CD. Now, when trying to play or eject CD it simply clicks over and over while attempting to use the CD mode in any way...*sigh*

Originally Posted By: widman
There is a little door that has to open. It doesn't move out of the way to let you put anything in.

The CD changer in my E430 had similar problem, the door didn't open to get the CD cartridge out. I spayed a little WD40 on the door edge then wait few minutes, it opened smoothly after WD40 had time to soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back