Alternative to Honda Hi-Temp Urea Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Would any of you happen to know a viable alternative to Honda's super hi-temp urea grease? My clutch pedal has recently started making a nasty squeaking noise, which looks to be a common problem on S2000s. The solution (hopefully) is to lubricate the slave cylinder rod tip. The Honda service manual says to ONLY use this particular grease, which is of course not available locally and has to be ordered. Are there any other commonly found products that would work just as well? I came across "Valvoline SynPower Full-Synthetic Multipurpose Grease" which is available at Autozone and Advance. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Most any high temp spline grease will work, high moly content would be nice.
I bought a jar of the Honda Urea grease over 10yrs ago and still have 9/10 of the jar. A little goes a long way.

Thanks for the reply! I'm not familiar with spline grease, does it fall under any other names? Also, what temperature range would you suggest I look for? The Valvoline grease I mentioned earlier can go up to 400F, and I've found some brake caliper lube that will go up to 550F. Not sure if I'm going in the right direction. Thanks again.

your slave cylinder--push rod coupling part isn't gonna see over 400F in service.

Any high moly NLGI based grease is gonna do fine. If the squeaking comes back again, just grease it.

Q.

Thanks a bunch guys, this forum is great. I went with the Valvoline Synpower (full synthetic) and so far the clutch feels great again. Looks to be NLGI based (it says: NLGI #2 GC-LB lithium complex EP grease). I'm also not sure what qualifies as "high" in moly count, but it says "fortified" so we'll see what happens
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back