Anyone use MSN premium? Help needed w/favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIA

I have MSN Premium that came with the Verizon FIOS tripple play. I've used it for years and recently bought a new computer and would like to back up my favorites from my old PC and install them to my new laptop. Any idea how to do that? Old PC running Win XP, new running Win 7.

Thanks!

Windows "Easy Transfer for XP" copies all settings and files from pc to another pc. Free download from microsoft.com

1999 Olds GLS

Originally Posted By: carwreck

Windows "Easy Transfer for XP" copies all settings and files from pc to another pc. Free download from microsoft.com

1999 Olds GLS

Thanks, I tried it and it didn't back up favorites.

Frank just to clarify these are not your normal IE favourites but the ones on MSN that can only be seen when your on MSN, is that correct?

Frank, is it possible to drag the links to an email and send them to yourself, then simply open the email on the new computer? I can do that with aol, not sure about your situation.

MSN uses its own path, not the regular IE favorites.

MSN favorites are stored in ""C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\MSNx\UserData\"

You could manually copy directory using external usb, or "share" the directory and copy from pc to pc over your network.

If only need MSN favorites, low tech method:

1. In MSN explorer, "export" favorites to a favoritesfile.

2. Open a new "mail", insert the favoritesfile as an attachment.

3. Send mail with attachment to yourself, open mail on new pc, open attachment and "import" to MSN explorer.

See more examples at ehow http://www.ehow.com/how_7284987_transfer-msn-premium-favorites.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Frank just to clarify these are not your normal IE favourites but the ones on MSN that can only be seen when your on MSN, is that correct?

Yes, I only see them on the old computer.

Checking now what others said.

Only folders I have in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data that pertain to MSN are these.

MSN6
MSNDynFiles
Microsoft

In MSN Premium on the old computer the only option I have is to Import Favorites. When I click on it this happens:

Which files would you like to copy to MSN? I check Micosoft internet explorer favorites. Then it says copying is complete I click done as per the commands, there are no other choices. The box disappears, and nothing happens. LOL This is Win XP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back