Hi-Point owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Hi Point 9mm carbine. It was a good gun overall. Pretty reliable, though it did have a couple jams on the feed ramp. It's easy to clear though. The magazines are junky and probably caused the occasional jams that my gun had. It definitely looked and felt cheap, but for the price I expected that. A major upside is the lifetime warranty. If anything ever breaks you can just send it back to them and they will do all repairs at no charge. The only reason I don't have the carbine now is because I traded it for a shotgun I wanted more.

I have heard not so great things about their pistols though. I did some reading up before I bought the carbine and apparently those are much more reliable than the pistols. This was back around 2008 though, so that may have changed.

For the price I guess you can't go wrong, but I would kind of consider them throwaways. Since they aren't your only pistols, there's nothing wrong with that.

Picked up and and shot the Hi-Point C9 today. Ran great. Had a few jams due to the new stiff magazine, no biggie. Im sure if that magazine stays loaded for a few weeks it will loosen right up and the mag jams will clear up. Overall very impressed with the pistol, excellent handling and sights are amazing. Was shooting clay pigeons at 25 yards sitting on a rock wall and of the pistols I brought out with me that day this Hi-Point and the CZ-82 were the only ones I hit one with. Im in love with my new Hi-Point and dont regret getting it for a second. I also was able to hit one of those clay pigeons way out to about 50 yards with my Skorpion but that is the easiest handling pistol Ive ever fired in my life so thats to be expected. Put a big grin on my face though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back