How much more concentrated is a bottle of Techron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much more concentrated would a tank of gas with a bottle of Techron be than a tank of gas that you would buy from a Chevron gas station?
I'm trying to figure out how to "make" my own Chevron gas from a non-Top-Tier gas station.
How many ounces per gallon should I use?

Anyone have any info? I remeber hearing things like "5 times" "7 times" or "10 times" as concentrated as gas from a Chevron gas station when treated as per the label on the Techron botttle.

Personally, I add 3 ounces of Chevron Techron, Fuel System cleaner and 3 ounces of TC-W3, pre-mixed, to 14 Gallons of generic gasoline.

Engine runs smooth with the oil and Techron mix.

OilNerd !!!!!!
Thats what I'm talking about! I couldn't find it myself. Thank You!

I have another question.
Chevron has recently changed the concentration in Techron bottles from 12oz treats 12 gallons to 10oz treats 15 gallons.
Wonder if that link you posted OilNerd is talking about the old or new concentration?

The link was from before the 10 oz. bottles were introduced, IIRC, when the full Techron Concentrate plus treatment was 1 oz. to 1 Gallon.

Originally Posted By: j_mac
How much more concentrated would a tank of gas with a bottle of Techron be than a tank of gas that you would buy from a Chevron gas station?
I'm trying to figure out how to "make" my own Chevron gas from a non-Top-Tier gas station.
How many ounces per gallon should I use?

Anyone have any info? I remeber hearing things like "5 times" "7 times" or "10 times" as concentrated as gas from a Chevron gas station when treated as per the label on the Techron botttle.

Probably cheaper to just by Chevron (or other Top Tier gas) gas than to make your own. Atleast in my area, the price difference between Chevron and Shell vs a no name gas is about 5 cents per gallon...or less than $1 a fill up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back