2006 Scion xB trans fluid change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sisters Scion xB is due for some fluid changes over the Christmas break, wondering how big of a production it is to change the trans. fluid and filter and how much it takes to refill.
Thanks,
MMM

Look in the owners manual for quantity. You will want to use the Toyota WS fluid. Make sure you get a new crush washer and understand that you will only get 25% of the fluid out by draining and you may want to get the fluid flushed out and 95% new fluid by using a flush machine (dealer). Or you can buy a case of fluid and do 3 drain fills (with 4-5 miles of driving in between each drain fill) and get at least 70% new fluid. Make sure there is a serviceable filter before you drop the pan. All of the Toyota's I have had only had screens.

Last edited:
You didnt say what kind of transmission but my yaris has the same as that xB and it used 2 quarts of 75w90 gear oil. I didnt change the filter but I changed by fluid really early anyway.

Its a 4 speed slushbox (auto). I live in Michigan and my sister lives in Minnesota, and I'm sure the owners manual has never been opened. I know they are a little spooky about trans fluid, so I'll order the Toyota stuff, I just don't want to end up with a bunch of quarts that I can't use for anything else.

Check which Toyota ATF you need WS or T-IV.
We have an '05 Camry that requires T-IV.
Had an'07 Tundra that used WS.
And don't worry BITOG'ERs love sale items!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back