New size bottlefor Chevron Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron Techron is now sold in a smaller more concentrated bottle that treats 15 gallons instead of 12 gallons.

400046057.jpg

I think auto part stores still have different bottles that treat 12 gallons and 20 gallons...it's kind of like walmart selling the 5qt oil jugs with the auto part stores selling the 5.1qt jugs. The buy one get one free deals from autozone/oreilly/aap are pretty good when they have it.

There are detergents in gasoline.

Unfortunately, there are just enough detergents for the average person who fills up their fuel injected car with fresh gas every two weeks.

For those of us who have boats, toys, OPE, etc.... which don't always run on fresh gas or often enough to stay clean... well, when you clean one or two carbs a year... you learn the amount of detergent for the average commuter isn't enough for us.

Originally Posted By: Radman
There are detergents in gasoline.

I assumed Radman meant that it's not so critical to put in a "per ounce" correct dosage that the "treats 15 gallons" lets a whole new set of drivers with tanks larger than 12 gallons but less than 20 gallons use Techron. I use 2 20 gallon bottles in my 34 gallon truck tank and I've used single 20 gallon bottles in 14 gallon tanks... not a big deal.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the new bottle though. The "15 gallon" size looked identical to the "12 gallon" size and both are 10 oz.

The thing that matters to me most in the total concentration of the "techron" PEA detergent additive relative to the amount of liquid in the bottle, I believe that MSDS from a few years ago put Chevron Techron Concentrate at 50% PEA.

They even advertised this as recently as last year too.

Originally Posted By: 91344George
The thing that matters to me most in the total concentration of the "techron" PEA detergent additive relative to the amount of liquid in the bottle, I believe that MSDS from a few years ago put Chevron Techron Concentrate at 50% PEA.

They even advertised this as recently as last year too.

I thought I read here recently that it was around 30%. Anyways, it does help but I prefer Redline SL-1 and BG44K...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back