Oil For 2011 Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a new 2010 Tahoe with the 5.3. Dumped it at 3k. If I follow the olm it is looking for 10-12k intervals. Too long for my comfort. I have been doing 7500. Used M1, M1EP, PP so far. Been a member for a while and typically do not subscribe to the "feels smoother/better ..." mindset (engineering degree, analytical not emotional), but I would have made the comment about the M1EP if I had some way to benchmark and compare metrics other than my seat of pants feelings.
Also, I average 20 mpg highway and 18 combined with 80% hwy driving.

Just got a '11 Silverado LT Extended Cab a week ago and already at 1k miles. Have the 5.3 with AFM. Just picked up a 5 qt jug and a single quart of Pennz Plat at Wally along with a A/C Delco PF48 filter.(3.97 a good deal)

Anyone know the torque value for the oil drain plug? Owners manual makes no mention

Goose

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
Just got a '11 Silverado LT Extended Cab.... Just picked up a 5 qt jug and a single quart of Pennz Plat at Wally along with a A/C Delco PF48 filter.(3.97 a good deal)

Goose

Great choice with PP. And as long as the Delco is not an e-core, you got a good solid filter too.

I see quite a few brands on the dexos approved listing but the only brand that I see that actually carries the green dexos logo is Mobil1 5w30. Is anybody seeing the logo on other brands ?? excluding the GM stuff.

Originally Posted By: partspro
I see quite a few brands on the dexos approved listing but the only brand that I see that actually carries the green dexos logo is Mobil1 5w30. Is anybody seeing the logo on other brands ?? excluding the GM stuff.

Nope. Nothing but M1 products with the logo.

Originally Posted By: sopususer
Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
Just got a '11 Silverado LT Extended Cab.... Just picked up a 5 qt jug and a single quart of Pennz Plat at Wally along with a A/C Delco PF48 filter.(3.97 a good deal)

Goose

Great choice with PP. And as long as the Delco is not an e-core, you got a good solid filter too.

What is a "e-core?"

Goose

Originally Posted By: partspro

The back of Castrol Syntec does say dexos1 on it but does not have the seal on front like M1 does.....

Now that I think of it I did see Royal Purple at Pep Boys saying dexos1 approved on the front of the bottle. I might have gotten the RP if it wasn't so outrageously priced

Goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back