Super eco fuel saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Any product that you pour into your engine or gas tank claims to reduce fuel consumption by more than 10% is a snake oil.

I tried snake oil and can tell you there was no mileage improvement. But the snake was very unhappy!!!

Super eco fuel saver.
I saw it in Canadian Tire and was very skeptical but I thought what the heck why not. First tank it increased my mileage after 2000 Kms I can honestly say it dropped my fuel consumption from 7.5 LPHK to 6.4 mixed highway city. I am blown away this stuff actually works.
Dont go over the 30 mls to 60 liter ratio as it isnt as efficient at higher ratios I tried it. An increase of 1.1 liters per hundred kilometers is good to my wallet. I save about $9.00 on a full tank of gas when fuel is $1.30 per liter.

Thats just my experience.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I did a 5000 km trip before and could not get below 7.5 liters per hundred kilometers.
Down to 6.4 liters per hundred kilometers is impressive.
My engine is rated at 7.1 lphk.
Ill add I did the mileage all in the last three days. I made sure I used the same grade fuel from the same company. The only thing that changed was the mileage.

Forgot to add I used the cruise control after getting up to speed to eliminate the easy foot possibility.
Did the speed limit which led to alot of [censored] drivers behind me.
But it was a test after all.

I have always gotten better mileage with my foot over the cruise control, so I am confident I can actually drop my fuel consumption even lower.

Originally Posted By: Koz1
I have always gotten better mileage with my foot over the cruise control, so I am confident I can actually drop my fuel consumption even lower.

No doubt! Probably so low that you'll need an oil change before a fill up!

90% alcohol and 10% "proprietary ingredients," eh? Proprietary ingredients are only proprietary until a chemical analysis shows what they are. I'm guessing 2% WD-40, 3% MMO, and 5% Listerine. All of which would explain the enchanting scent.

But seriously, are there chemicals that would displace oxygen in exhaust, leading the sensors and PCM to cut fuel delivery and lean out the mix a little bit? Anybody got an OBD-II data logger and willing to provide actual data rather than rampant speculation and uninformed opinion? (not that I expect useful data on BITOG or anything...)

I am using it and it DOES what it says,IF you do it right check web Experts section run it for 60klicks diconect neg terminal reconect sets comp BINGO! I was getting 400 klicks now getting 500 klicks.per tanknot bad for $30,which works out to $2 a tank, saving about $8,some people on here dont walk the talk I do

O boy! it works, retired toolmaker here, worked for all the big three and british layland in UK,seen the [censored]! woked r&d on ceramic engine, britsh leyland, which Toyota bought and scrapped. nuff said? Did lots of research on EFS. you guys spend some time on their web, the ONLY additive aproved by the EPA and the test facility used by them, is used by the big three and offshore companies. Anyway did what their experts said , ran for 50klicks, with EFS took off neg cable, to reset comp with EFS in, got about 450 klicks on tank all around town, on third tank and getting about 500 klicks,USED to get 400,saving about $10 a tank,EFS costs $2 a tank,so true savings is$8 gas is $1.17 a litre here,use Amsoil on everyting NOTHING out of the ground

Stop trying to hose us, hoser.

Eh, just because they have a fancy website and charge an outrageous price doesn't mean it works any better, eh?

Once again, my theory holds true! It works for you only if your post count is in single digit as shown by our newly joined member Keith!

Unfortunately my post count is too high, so it will not work for me.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: keithaikens
ONLY additive aproved by the EPA and the test facility used by them, is used by the big three and offshore companies.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/web-gas.htm

hmmm, looks like more than one additive. Also 'approved by the EPA' - only means that it won't harm the cars emission system or produce harmful emissions. Means abso-freakin-nothing about the validity of any product claims. We're sorry you can't shill your product on here with a little criticism, but I'm even more sorry for anyone who spent $30 on alcohol without getting drunk.

Oops! I misread their web, kind bad eyesight and lousy memory,[And kind of a dinasor] I am 72,was not the EPA,well some was EPA Canada,but other totaly independant people that tested EFS.keep a open mind and read their web.Got a little angry at comment about me being a hoser.Why call me that? and has for being a shill whatever that means.I was brought to be honest by my parents,my grandson told me about it, he is at U of Toronto taking phyisics, on his sixth tank and getting over 25% better econamy In closing you have my word on my Mothers death bed I have NOTHING to do with Ecofuelsaver

I see all kinds of claims on the website about how much fuel it will save. Perhaps my eyes are bad, too, but I don't see a single study, even performed or financed by the company, that shows any evidence of this.

Of course it's possible. Don't be surprised at skepticism, though, especially on this site. There are hundreds of products on the market that claim to improve this, clean that, and every other claim you can fathom. 99.9% of them are absolute bunk.

When one looks at additives, one always has to ask - if it's so good, why isn't it already in the product, rather than an additive? PEA is a good fuel system cleaner. It's already in a lot of fuels.

If there were a way to somehow increase fuel mileage by 24% without harming emissions controls or severely degrading performance, the automakers would have found a way to incorporate it into the build in the first place. Of course, conspiracy theorists would contend that automakers are husbanding their fuel economy reserves.

If an oil company could make a gasoline that provided a 24% increase in mileage, they'd have customers lined up down the street. Of course, conspiracy theorists would contend that oil companies want to sell more gas, rather than charge a premium for a superior product.

If I came up with a product that fulfilled that promise, I wouldn't be selling it at Canadian Tire, Canadian Walmarts, and a Canadian marine shop. I'd be selling the recipe to the highest bidder among oil companies and automobile manufacturers, and I guarantee you it would command a lot more money than what the distributors are making out of a niche sale in the small Canadian market.

Thank you Garak,fair comments, what is PEA?. My wife says I am one of the most sceptical people on this Earth, and three tours of N Ireland, [Englands Veitnam] have made me careful. Many many many years ago, I scoffed at synthetic oil "Not putting that wheat s...t in my car" Now I change my oil once a year on syn.good for the eco etc. Put two beakers of oil one syn one pet into freezer overnight,next day WOW! the pet was frozen the syn poured out, thick but still moving, so did a lot of checking of EFS even after grandson raved about. It may have caught the big boys with their pants down, people laffed at the Wright bros once, Professor Leung, the inventor,just passed away RIP was a genius, so the story goes would not deal with the big boys, he was a great Canuck,sold it to a Canuck,who will sell it I think he comes across as a bit of a hustler,I read he is going to move in the US soon, then look out!. I went to three Can Tires before I found it two were sold out,talked to a guy, who was buying same stuff, he bought a sample bottle awhile ago, his truck failed Cleen Air test,ran it thru it passed, he if was a ...ringer, I am three foot tall, toolmaker as I was, worked for Magna as I did years ago, and if one is not happy they offer 100% money back,some low life will take advantage of that

Originally Posted By: Koz1
I did a 5000 km trip before and could not get below 7.5 liters per hundred kilometers.
Down to 6.4 liters per hundred kilometers is impressive...Ill add I did the mileage all in the last three days. I made sure I used the same grade fuel from the same company. The only thing that changed was the mileage...
Did the speed limit which led to alot of [censored] drivers behind me.

Personally, I think the amazing thing is that you must have driven for over 18 hours a day for 3 days to be able to drive 3100 mi at the speed limit.

The ecofuellsaver inventor "Dennis Y. Leung..professional consulting engineer, inventor, developer and businessman who held numerous degrees including 4 Ph.D's" of their "priceless invention" apparently didn't bother to look at their own test results. http://www.ecofuelsaver.com/web/ATDS-GASOLINA-TEST-LETTER.pdf test results actually shows an average loss of 0.19 MPG With Eco-Fuel Saver, but their "fuzzy" math claims this is a 13.02% gain.

Originally Posted By: keithaikens
Thank you Garak,fair comments, what is PEA?.

It's basically a fuel detergent, found in some gasoline as a detergent additive, and also in certain fuel system cleaners, such as Red Line SI-1. It is well regarded, including by the oil companies, or they simply wouldn't use it.

I've seen it at our Canadian Tire stores here, and I remain skeptical. Until some properly controlled studies are conducted, I'm curious, of course, but I'd bet against it. I don't have the facilities or time to properly conduct fuel economy tests of the additive. I find that even my own fuel economy statistics have some pretty significant aberrations based upon driving style, weather, and other conditions over which I have little to no control.

Heck, as for the big oil companies and car manufacturers, I'm sure they could devote enough time, energy, and money into reverse engineering the product, considering its claimed benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back