Rust proofing shower caddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the 2nd shower caddy I bought that rust within a couple years. I think they are chrome plated steel or low quality stainless steel. I would love to rust proof my existing one instead of buying a new one every couple years. Will CLR, powder coat, clear coat, lacquer, etc work?

Any one has a recommendation for an over the door caddy that is chrome or stainless that won't rust?

Look for stainless. Good luck because all that folks want is Chinese made ultra-low cost junk.

Actually, plastic is probably your best bet...

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
This is the 2nd shower caddy I bought that rust within a couple years. I think they are chrome plated steel or low quality stainless steel. I would love to rust proof my existing one instead of buying a new one every couple years. Will CLR, powder coat, clear coat, lacquer, etc work?

Any one has a recommendation for an over the door caddy that is chrome or stainless that won't rust?

Let me know what you find out. I have replaced a few chrome plated items. Regardless of its country of origin or price, they eventually develop rust.

I was contemplating something like that "Hammered" spray paint that Rustoleum makes
wink.gif

BUT, the idea is you gotta do it "before" it starts rusting
wink.gif

But yes....noticed WM now sells a "heavy duty" plastic one
wink.gif
That may be my next buy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back