Full size oil filter Oldsmobile V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be common knowledge to some but its new to me.

Anyway, the selection of decent off the shelf oil filters for vintage Olds V8 307-455 engines is becoming rather slim. The AC-Delco PF-24 is still around but availabilty is hit or miss. I was using the equivalant Purolator L20033, then that disappeared from local stores.

This led to some searching on the Purolator web site, turns out the Purolator Classic L30005 is the long version of the L20033 and widely available (at least in my area), good price too: $3.99. http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/reso...0005&page=1

I believe this cross references to the AC-Delco PF-31, (long discontinued), Baldwin B9, Motorcraft FL-2, et al.

Thanks for the info. I have used the PF24 for over 30 years now in my GTO and Buick GS cars and yeah they are getting scarce. I do have a stash of 24's (about 12 right now) so I am good for a few years. I have also used the long versions from Wix [51049] but that was over 20 years ago and I don't know if they have it anymore. This is a great tip for us BOP guys thanks.

Originally Posted By: marc1
Thanks for the info. I have used the PF24 for over 30 years now in my GTO and Buick GS cars and yeah they are getting scarce. I do have a stash of 24's (about 12 right now) so I am good for a few years. This is a great tip for us BOP guys thanks.

Yeah, I feel kind of silly I never knew before, but then again never really had to.

Delco PF-45s were always around and it was a good filter for the money, if a little smallish, then that got killed off, but there was still the PF-24, now it to is becoming scare, probably only matter of time till that part # is discontinued.

Originally Posted By: rrounds
I believe that the Baldwin B9(long filter) fits the old Olds V8
Good filter

Right, B9 cross references to Purolator L3005 for 1964 engines right up to the last of the Olds 307s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back