sent my flat marshmellow xice xi2's back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunate for you that you will be able to correct the mistake that so many make, without a monetary loss.

There is an art or a proper technique if you will to choosing new rims, as well as properly balancing them.

Let us know how it turns out, Jim

Originally Posted By: rpn453
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Only the numbnuts slam the impact gun on full force for the first nut.

Is that the technical term?
grin.gif

It's a good enough descriptor; it just sounded funny coming from you!

I personally think that he was being way too kind calling them that term ('technical' or not!
lol.gif
).

I would use a slightly more acerbic term for them.
wink.gif

Well i got the blizzack ws-70's mounted on hubcentric generic steelies today.

mounted them on the car and went to ups to ship the old ones back.

The new ones are MUCH MUCH better. Tiny bit more road noise and noise on irregular surfaces (ie bridges, brick etc)

Which makes sense because the tread pattern is more open and aggressive.

Already less squishy than the michelins were.. although after they broke in for 400 miles the michelins got better.

There was NO vibration... just the normal thud thud stuff from potholes and expansion joints.. no rhythmic out of balance stuff. I'm expecting a moderate stiffening of handling after they break in..

overall I am happy I send the michelins (and really cheap steel rims) back.

My worst fear was that the new ones would also vibrate....

Last edited:
I have on order from DTD for my 2011 Accent SE, 14 inch steels rims with the gerneral artics 185/65-14's. Total price to my door was $414 mounted balance and no additional hardware. I am not sure if they are hub or lug centric. But I did purchase a set for hubcentric rings (54.1-72mm) that fit my bore size and the rim bore, just in case. Should be here tomarrow. I will check for vibration.

if you ordered "unique" rims they DO NOT work with hub centering rings. Its machined to sit flat against the face of the hub and centering rings dont work. I believe for hub centering rings to work the center hole has to have a specific type of flange?

In the end I dont know if it was the cheap rims or just bad balance but my blizzack ws-70 on better hub centric steelies are so much better its not funny.

I also ordered a set of 175/70r14 for my gf's accent and they are fine even though they are lug centric.

Also check your lugnuts DTD's lame "locking" lugs were kinda [censored]. They didnt seem to tighten right even though they were the right taper fit.

Then again the ones I ordered for the accent had totally different hardware and were fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back