Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Is the rebate on going or over? Anywhere cheaper to get this than Amazon?

It's ongoing. You have to sign up for their engine warranty. That requires a VIN for a car that's no older than 4 or 5 years, if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted By: mcallister
Just ordered two (6) packs of Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W-40. We shall see how it goes. : )

You should try to cancel that order. Costless Auto parts in Vancouver has the Ultra 5W-40 for $5.99 a quart.

Dang! I'll have to remember that next time. Deal is done. That's a great price, I'll have to stock up next time I'm in Vancouver.....and whip out my Oregon license for no sales tax. : ) How do you like the oil?

I have never used it. The free case I received from Pennzoil I gave to my brother. Hooligan was the one that found it at Costless.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Is the rebate on going or over? Anywhere cheaper to get this than Amazon?

It's ongoing. You have to sign up for their engine warranty. That requires a VIN for a car that's no older than 4 or 5 years, if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

What oils have you used in the 530i before PU? Did you notice any fuel economy difference on this compared to those?

Quote:
Dang! I'll have to remember that next time. Deal is done. That's a great price, I'll have to stock up next time I'm in Vancouver.....and whip out my Oregon license for no sales tax. : ) How do you like the oil?

make sure you call them first. I may have cleaned them out before you get there...lol If we keep asking them about the oil, they should keep ordering it and stocking the shelves. I am also not sure if it is still 5.99 a qt, I havent had to go in there for a few months

Last edited:
Went and got a 6 pack from Costless Auto Parts today. Thank you SO much for the heads up!! At $5.99 a quart, that's cheaper than the Castrol Edge I was running. : )

I just bought an Audi A4 CPO and the dealer put in Penn euro 5w-40.

I looked it up and the Noack is 11 with a HTHS of a mere 3.68. Redline, if I recall was Noack of 6% and an HTHS of 5. Similar with Amsoil.

The specs of Penn Euro do not impress me.

I only want the best in this car. To bad I can't find something realy good for the CVT trans, I hear they are real touch about their fluid.

Originally Posted By: Pman
I just bought an Audi A4 CPO and the dealer put in Penn euro 5w-40.

I looked it up and the Noack is 11 with a HTHS of a mere 3.68. Redline, if I recall was Noack of 6% and an HTHS of 5. Similar with Amsoil.

The specs of Penn Euro do not impress me.

I only want the best in this car. To bad I can't find something realy good for the CVT trans, I hear they are real touch about their fluid.

Really?

Pennzoil Ultra 5w-40 is being poured into the engines of Indy Cars. No custom blend oil, no unobtainable special racing formulation, just the same Pennzoil Ultra that any consumer can purchase and pour in their engine. Given the power density and extreme conditions which these engines operate in, it is a testament to the oil.

This isn't good enough for you A4?

If his A4 has a DI engine (like your Jetta 2.0T), then I could potentially see the benefit of running an oil with very low NOACK. Lower volatility should theoretically help reduce valve deposits which the DI engines suffer from as you know.

As for the super high HTHS, I'm not sure it's needed. The VW spec calls for HTHS to be at least 3.5 cP. I haven't seen any studies showing that having an HTHS much higher than that provides a measurable benefit. On the other hand, it probably kills MPG, but that's secondary...

I would love to use this oil, but the price online is 8.99/quart. I can do Amsoil for that. However, I'm inclined to try the QSUD Euro 5w40. Comes out to $6.66/quart shipped, which is M1 0w40 price in my area. Plus no driving to get it. However, Amazon says 1-2 months to ship. Is this accurate?

Decisions, decisions. I love SOPUS products, so I may take a chance here.

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: pavelow
Can you even get this PU 5W40 in the US? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Call your local Pennzoil distributor or buy from Amazon.

Pete:
Did you ever get that rebate check from SOPUS for the PU Euro you bot from Amazon?

Finally got it, after about 2.5 months.

Just changed oil today. Replaced Castrol Edge 5W-30, did an engine flush, took 8.5 quarts. Very happy with the sound of the motor actually. It quieted it down quite a bit. Should have done a video, before and after video of the difference. Bummer. No difference in smoothness, seems the same. Very happy I found this oil locally and at $5.99/quart! : )

BTLew81 said:
try the QSUD Euro 5w40. Comes out to $6.66/quart shipped, which is M1 0w40 price in my area. Plus no driving to get it. However, Amazon says 1-2 months to ship. Is this accurate?

quote]

took about a month and a week to get mine...

I'm still running this Ferrari oil in both GTI's. It works perfect. I am running 10k OCI's on the newer GTI and 8k on the older GTI, both with OEM filters. So far this oil has been wonderful. Both cars run like a top.

Originally Posted By: cycloxer
I'm still running this Ferrari oil in both GTI's. It works perfect. I am running 10k OCI's on the newer GTI and 8k on the older GTI, both with OEM filters. So far this oil has been wonderful. Both cars run like a top.

Did you get to do an UOA?
Putting the Shell Helix Ultra (as far as I know PU 5W-40) 5W-40 back in my GTI next month
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: cycloxer

How is with fuel dilution in the oil?
I was running that in Passat 1.8T but was not impressed with cold start.
Just bought 2010 CC 2.0T so trying to figure out what is best for that engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back