Echo 2-cycle won't run right

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, the Seafoam didn't fix it yet."

And it won't.

You spent money of snake oil that could have been spent on a carb kit. The carb isn't pumping fuel.

Confirm that the fuel line and vacuum impulse line are in good shape. If so, buy a carb kit and rebuild the carb.

I'm suspecting that the machine runs upside down is due to gravity flow to the carb.

Forget the additives. The only thing they clean out is your wallet.

Well....I got some great news. When all else fails, take it to the dealer. He said I needed to "open it up" and he would do them both at no charge. He said all of the Echo 2 strokes they had done in the past were a simple fix with a $37 tool he got from "Echo" and the damage had been done by ethanol. He did say this past year he had replaced 2 carbs but most only need to be "opened up"? Since Echo had a 5 year warranty do there would be no charge.

It really is sad when we are afraid to take our products into the dealer for repairs. Gonna be good to go Monday by lunch!

Last edited:
"a $37 tool he got from "Echo"

Opened up? Special tool? Sounds like hocus pocus..... Did he throw a couple shazzams as well?

I'd interpret the above to be "secret shop talk" meaning they put in a $5.00 carb kit.

If they did the job for $37.00, that is truly remarkable and you did well in that regard.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
"a $37 tool he got from "Echo"

Not "from" but "for"...my typing error. I don't think Echo makes speicialty tools for their products. I could be wrong.

Opened up? Special tool? Sounds like hocus pocus..... Did he throw a couple shazzams as well?

Apparently, the butterfly valve is not functioning like it should and they are gonna adjust something with this "special" tool to allow it to open up???

I'd interpret the above to be "secret shop talk" meaning they put in a $5.00 carb kit.

I'm 90% with you here!

If they did the job for $37.00, that is truly remarkable and you did well in that regard.

Well, he did say there would be no charge. I'll find out Monday.

Just as a followup, I took my PB-250 in for service and it was fixed (next day in fact) under warranty. They said the high speed needle needed to be adjusted and the plug for same. Blower seems to run smoothly again. Not sure why it ran fine out of the box but then needed to be adjusted so soon. I just hope it stays in "adjustment"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back