Need tire reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
-$75 or less, including shipping if ordered
-All season
-Acceptable snow performance
-195/65-15

I'm considering the Kelly Navigator Gold, it's what is currently on the car, and they did okay last winter half gone. Just kinda bald now from a summer of hard driving. No, I will not spend $400+ on a set of snow tires and wheels for my $400 beater.

Cooper CS4. I have a set in my garage right now to go onto my MB.

Wait until there is a gift card deal (may be one right now, I dont know, but you have to look).

US made on top of good reviews.

I have had very good luck with ordering on-line at the tire rack, and Discount Tire Online.
I recently ordered a set of snow tires and rims from the
Tire Rack. Excellant value and service. I ordered at 9:00am last Tues and they were delivered at 11:00am on Wed. Thats hard to beat.

Dave

Forgot to mention, I prefer my tires be made in the USA, not made in china being a close second.

General Altimax HP should fit your needs.

I use the same size on my Prius but I have Michelin Primacy MXV4. At $126/tire its probably more than you want to spend.

I like the Bridgestone Ecopias, but they are too expensive...good tires for cheap and american made really narrows a guys choice now a days....kinda sad

+1.
tires-easy.com has the RT for 72.00 and the HP for 73.80 in 195/65 15.
These are both all-seasons, but the HP has a significantly lower treadwear rating, so it might be better in the snow.
Also, Critic, I have the same size Primacy MXV4 tires on my '99 Accord, and I didn't pay anything like $126.00 each for them.
Plus, there was a $70.00 rebate on most Michelins when I bought them two years ago.
IIRC, I bought them from TireRack.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
+1.
tires-easy.com has the RT for 72.00 and the HP for 73.80 in 195/65 15.
These are both all-seasons, but the HP has a significantly lower treadwear rating, so it might be better in the snow.
Also, Critic, I have the same size Primacy MXV4 tires on my '99 Accord, and I didn't pay anything like $126.00 each for them.
Plus, there was a $70.00 rebate on most Michelins when I bought them two years ago.
IIRC, I bought them from TireRack.

$126/tire is what they cost now. Of course I didn't pay anywhere near that for them; I paid around $350 out-the-door for 4 after rebates and some trade-in credit. Prices have been fluctuating a lot on the Primacy tires lately, just ask the guys on Priuschat about the wild price fluctuations on the Primacy MXM4.

Discount Tire Direct costs on avg $10 more than Tire Rack, but the shipping's free (Ups, took 3 days)

Last edited:
Where is a good place to get the Altimax HP at my price constraint? Walmart direct to store is out of them, discount tire direct only carries the RT which is rated considerably lower than the HP.

TireBuyer is just a web front for American Tire Distributors, which is a very large wholesaler of tires.

If you have Discount Tire stores nearby, they price match the lowest price you can find online. Just bought Continental DWS for $141/ea OTD (Tax + installation and balance), and it's $144/ea from TireBuyer + local installation and balance so the total will be about $160 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back