used Ruger Mk II .22 value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a friend who wants to sell his Ruger Mk II pistol because he just got his concealed carry permit and wants to sell off this one to fund a CCW. So he aquired it over a year ago new in the box for $150 in a private sale. Its also supposed to be this big limited edition. Ive held it and shot it, looked like a typical blued Mk II. Anyway he's not looking to sell it for $150 or lower. Obviously he's looking to profit on it for his CCW. What would anyone condisider a fair price on this thing. Its in excellent condition and comes with the original box. He's trying to drive up the price because its "limited edition" but I dont care, Im not a Ruger collector I just want a practice pistol.

$150 is MORE than fair thats a great deal, I would take that allday long !!
even at $200 it's stil a great deal, He could probably get 3 for it.
These are about the most accurate .22 target pistol in production ever.

Originally Posted By: wsar10
You "don't get out much", do you? While the best 22 _I HAVE_ is a Mark II Ruger, my buddies who shoot competitively tend to be in a very good or excellent class; of production guns, the old High Standard (out of production now for a while, I think) and the Smith&Wesson Model 41 are far more highly regarded than the Ruger. Yeah, at least twice the money.

Then you get into the REAL Olympic target guns ...

Yeah, while the Mark II is a fine gun (I have the bull barrel model and it's a beauty) there are many more accurate pistols that have been in production, such as the High Standards George mentioned above. As for myself, I'm only a fair-to-middlin' pistol shot, so the Mark II is plenty accurate enough for me.

yaris0128,

If it has the standard 4" barrel then I think $150 is fine and would not pay any higher. Now..If it has the tapered target barrel 6" long then go for it. This version is hard to find and balances well.

How many magazines will he give you???? If it's four then it's still a bargain.

Durango

for serious pistol shooting i use a 10 inch ruger that i fluted the barrel. it shoots a 1/4 inch group at 50 feet. when i used to shoot in a lot of competion i had a high standard and a smith 41.. the ruger is by far the better gun.. i did a lot of trigger work and it has a 2 stage trigger with less tha 2 lb pull. the 10 inch ruger shoots like a target rifle and probably has 10000 rounds thru it. the high standard always had a magazine problem and would only function with orginal magazines. i used to shoot over 300 rounds of practice a week in rim fire.. i sold my sprinfield model 1911 that i put a peterstall poligon barrel in and wished i had not. it shoot 5 rounds all touching each at 50 feet on a ranson rest. but at my old age i dont get to shoot much pistol. our rifle range has just completed a 1000 yd range with 25 targets. i might just have to pick up a rifle to try some at this distance. the longest i shot before was 600 yards with a .308 remington x40 with a macmilian barrel. it shot a 3 inch group at 600 yards. the more i talk to my shooting buddies the more i would like to fire a few rounds while time is left. any of you guys have a experience with a keltec 9 mm as my daughter would like a carryy gun? thanks chuck

Originally Posted By: George Bynum
Originally Posted By: wsar10
You "don't get out much", do you? While the best 22 _I HAVE_ is a Mark II Ruger, my buddies who shoot competitively tend to be in a very good or excellent class; of production guns, the old High Standard (out of production now for a while, I think) and the Smith&Wesson Model 41 are far more highly regarded than the Ruger. Yeah, at least twice the money.

Then you get into the REAL Olympic target guns ...

"don't get out much" you should read what I typed before acting like an [censored]....

On top of a full time job and owning and operating a business, I still somehow find time to get to the range at least every other day and shoot with the steel plate guys, that being said yeah I get out quite a bit and the fact remains that the mrk pistol are very close to the most accurate production .22, I never stated they were THE MOST accurate...but one could probably say they are THE MOST accurate at there price point.

My buddy had a Kel-Tec 9mm and it never gave him a problem and was more than decent in terms of accuracy, at one time a Kel-Tec was consumers reports 4th most accurate 9mm in production just one notch under the Ruger p95 that came with a bartso barrel....

I personally would get the duaghter a GLOCK, a far better quality gun and whats price matter when it's your's or family members life. I would not buy a Kel-tec I have heard much more bad than good about them and to hold one they feel "cheap" . I have other handguns but I only carry GLOCKS these days you can get a good used GLOCK for the price of a new Kel-Tec.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
for serious pistol shooting i use a 10 inch ruger that i fluted the barrel. it shoots a 1/4 inch group at 50 feet. when i used to shoot in a lot of competion i had a high standard and a smith 41.. the ruger is by far the better gun.. i did a lot of trigger work and it has a 2 stage trigger with less tha 2 lb pull. the 10 inch ruger shoots like a target rifle and probably has 10000 rounds thru it. the high standard always had a magazine problem and would only function with orginal magazines. i used to shoot over 300 rounds of practice a week in rim fire.. i sold my sprinfield model 1911 that i put a peterstall poligon barrel in and wished i had not. it shoot 5 rounds all touching each at 50 feet on a ranson rest. but at my old age i dont get to shoot much pistol. our rifle range has just completed a 1000 yd range with 25 targets. i might just have to pick up a rifle to try some at this distance. the longest i shot before was 600 yards with a .308 remington x40 with a macmilian barrel. it shot a 3 inch group at 600 yards. the more i talk to my shooting buddies the more i would like to fire a few rounds while time is left. any of you guys have a experience with a keltec 9 mm as my daughter would like a carryy gun? thanks chuck

About the Ruger Mk II- you don't give any details. Blue steel(early Mk IIs were blue only, stainless came later) or stainless? Standard, "skinny barrel" with drift-only adjustment rear sight, in 4 3/4" or 6" length? Fully adjustable sights on the Mk II Target, earlier versions only in 5 1/2" bull barrel or 6 7/8" heavy tapered barrel? Later versions offered more options, longer bbls, etc.

I have a Mk II Target, blue steel with the 6 7/8" barrel. Accuracy may not be up to that of a full fledged target shooter's Smith 41 or High Standard, but it's still a lot more accurate than me.
wink.gif

I have a Mk III 22/45 Bull Barrel 6". It's very accurate. People say they don't like the MkIII. But most of that is just "gun talk" aka cow stink. When pressed some say they don't like the safety warning on the barrel.
lol.gif

Mine is VERY accurate and extremely fun to shoot. I have 10 magazines that just burn through. I shoot all sort of ammo, but the funnest is the dirty stinky Aquila/Tenex superhypervelocity. It even shoots that stuff pretty straight and man it has a pop. I can rapid fire the gun with such ease and stay on target.

I have a point - if he sells his Mk II for under $200, that's a darn good deal. Maybe not worth me driving up to Bellingham, but close!

for you guys who want to improve your shooting drill and tap the trigger with a 5x40 tap to put a set screw in, adjust the screw so that there is a minimun amount of trigger movement after it fires.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
for you guys who want to improve your shooting drill and tap the trigger with a 5x40 tap to put a set screw in, adjust the screw so that there is a minimun amount of trigger movement after it fires.

I did this to both of my 10/22's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back