Blizzak DM-V1 installed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a set for the Outback. Went into DT looking for a set of General Altimax Arctics,but they were out of stock and weren't sure when they'd get more.

His next recommendation were the Blizzaks. They ended up knocking $40 off the tires to match the local Firestone's price of $120 a tire,and then knocked an additional $50 off for Black Friday.

I'm impressed so far. The Blizzaks are just as quiet as the OEM Continental ContiProContacs. They feel good in the rain. We'll see how they handle the snow early next week.

Had a set of the DMZs on an Expedition...they were great. These are newer, I am sure they will be even better...

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Thinking about them.

"About" how many miles are they good for?

The salesman figured 5 seasons in Western Washington. We don't get a ton of snow,so I can probably get a bit more than someone that needs the ultimate in winter traction.

When you have Winter tires one thing is to not mount them until the last minute & then take them off early Spring. If you have them on wheels already & do it yourself you can catch it about right. I don't have them on yet here in WI, but will soon. They last much longer avoiding a lot of dry/warm pavement driving.

I've been very satisfied with the DM-V1 on my Tundra. They've gotten me through deep snow as well as good footing on ice. The wear rate seems to be reasonable. In addition to the usual balancing, I'm trying Dynabead internal bead balancing to see if removing the last bit of imbalance will increase the life of this soft rubber.

I had them last year for a winter road trip on my Tacoma, and they were great. I sold them afterwards, and really wish I didn't so I'd have them this year. I can't buy another set LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back