Shell Pennzoil Not To Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Kurt Busch. This guy has it made. Seems he isn't to thankful for his sponsors this Thanksgiving. Talk about a guy that has it made. One of the biggest sponsors, winning race cars, great car owner, and is lucky to be doing what he is supposed to love.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/11/25/nascar-fines-busch-5000_n_1113415.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C115680

**** PLZ BEWARE ADULT LANGUAGE IN THE VID ****

Please delete if found to explicit by mods

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
With Kurt Busch. This guy has it made. Seems he isn't to thankful for his sponsors this Thanksgiving. Talk about a guy that has it made. One of the biggest sponsors, winning race cars, great car owner, and is lucky to be doing what he is supposed to love.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/11/25/nascar-fines-busch-5000_n_1113415.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C115680

**** PLZ BEWARE ADULT LANGUAGE IN THE VID ****

Please delete if found to explicit by mods

Kurt Busch's whining and complaining seem way beyond whatever stress they undergo during a race. Harvick is not far behind. The contrast with the way that Tony Stewart handled the lug nut issue in the Homestead race is quite stark. Although I was raised a Ford guy, I'm glad that Smoke won. Class act and victories should count.

Im ford through and through. When i look at motorsports it's not about a manufacture it's about the driver. I'd follow Smoke wherever he went.

I lost ALL respect for Kurt and gained much respect for carl edwards this season.

I don't get how guys like this get such great sponsors and then you look at Matt Kenseth who has to fight for a sponsor. Thats confusing to me

We forget,Smoke (Stewart) publicly ran GoodYear thru the mud years back and got spanked by the parties involved.I believe he got into a fight overseas earlier in the year too.So he's no angel either.And people think Dale Earnhardt Sr was perfect too...how many did he spin out on purpose? In my book,the most gentleman racer of all time was Richard Petty....no doubt about it...Ned Jarrett,Benny Parsons,Buddy Arrington,JD McDuffie rank up there as well.

It is like that in a lot of sports, the loudmouth jerks get all the attention and the quiet guys are in the back of the room. It is definitely more pronounced in NASCAR, to me anyways.

Richard Petty was far from a gentleman.

Smoke has made his point verbal. The difference is its pointed usually at the governing bodies which take what smoke says very serious. Goodyear, nascar, and lets not forget the Aussie track owner he set straight earlier this year. We have seen many changes to how things are run and tire technology due to smoke outburst. Is it right No, but I think this past year we will see the most popular driver won't be JR anymore. Thank God!!

If both Busch's would cool their jets both of them could win many championships. Kyle has more pure talent then anyothere driver on the track but he has a 10 cent brain that hold that talent back.

Kurt already lost the best crewchief he will ever have. I hope 43rd in points next year opens his eyes. These guys take it all for granted.

I would love to see a major Sponsor set these guys straight. It would do wonders for a sponsors business. Much more then the driver does for them

Last edited:
If Shell doesn't stop sponsoring that [censored], I think I may stop buying their products even though I have been a Pennzoil year for 26 years. He needs banned from NASCAR and sent to some back woods track to run a street stock.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
He needs banned from NASCAR and sent to some back woods track to run a street stock.

Given the drivers and clientele and some of the local tracks around here, he wouldn't last 10 minutes. He'd get wrecked out and his [censored] kicked.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
He needs banned from NASCAR and sent to some back woods track to run a street stock.

Given the drivers and clientele and some of the local tracks around here, he wouldn't last 10 minutes. He'd get wrecked out and his [censored] kicked.

Exactly what he deserves.

Neither of the Busch boys have any class. Must be the parents. Kurt Busch must have gotten his chain jerked HARD by Roger Penske when he pulled the "Do you know who I am?" stunt with the Phoenix Sheriff's deputy in 2005. Since then it's looked to me like he was doing his best to keep his temper under control, but the nastiness was still lurking under the surface. Seems like it's time for another exercise in behavior modification.

Any more Nascar is just a soap opera on wheels. It has not been "racing" since about 1990 IMO

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Any more Nascar is just a soap opera on wheels. It has not been "racing" since about 1990 IMO

Well, 93 at least...

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Neither of the Busch boys have any class. Must be the parents. Kurt Busch must have gotten his chain jerked HARD by Roger Penske when he pulled the "Do you know who I am?" stunt with the Phoenix Sheriff's deputy in 2005. Since then it's looked to me like he was doing his best to keep his temper under control, but the nastiness was still lurking under the surface. Seems like it's time for another exercise in behavior modification.

I believe Kurt was still with Roush when that incident happened. Roush promptly took him out of the car for the rest of the season and released him.

Maybe that's why Shell/Pennzoil features Indycar driver Helio Castroneves in their ads and instore signs instead of Busch.

Helio's a nice guy. I'd rather watch Indycar instead of NASCAR, although Tony Stewart made it pretty interesting, a great driver.

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
The only question now is who is going to replace him in the #22 car at Penske?

All signs point to Ragan.

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
Richard Petty was far from a gentleman.

HUH?
Not to start up anything, but I've been following NASCAR for 25 years and everything I've seen out of Richard Petty has been positive, save for the little 'leaving the scene of an accident' situation about 15 years ago. Could you please explain this a little further?

In my humble opinion, the cleanest driver out there, on the track and off, was Mark Martin. I've been a fan of Mark's since I started watching it in the early '90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back