The Busch brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, I'd be thrilled to see a 2012 Sprint Cup season that doesn't include either Busch brother in the line up.

Is there something in the water, or is it a genetic problem?

Nothing that Kyle does surprises me. And I know that Kurt seems to have his own demons as well. He's been laying blame for nearly everything at everyone else's feet all year long. But the term that he slung at Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead was simply unacceptable.

If I was Jerry, I would have walked away after that one.

And to Steve Addington.... great decision. I'm not sure why you let Kurt verbally abuse you as long as you did. You're a more patient person that I am.

Addington has been run through ght e ringer with those brother. I hope he enjoys his time at a championship winning team ( SHR ) in 2012. I feel he would be a great fit with Newman and Grubb stays with Smoke ( Doubtful ).

I didn't even know about this until reading your post. Kurt has kind of got his temper under control until recently.

Love them or hate them, we're talking about them!

I agree though; if I was Penske, I'd have sacked Kurt for his verbal abuse towards his team and crew leader. Same with Kyle. That's probably one reason why both of them are getting the crummiest equipment that breaks.

Last edited:
For the best of everyone involved,both need to be kept off TV interviews,no in-car cameras..keep them out of the media spotlight.Let Kyle win races right and left,but make a contract that any childplay on the track will cost him $100,000 for each infraction,and a loss of any trophy at that race for his collection. Kurt needs to publicly apologize on national TV,admit that while everybody would like to swear and flip birds at those whom you have issues with,he cant hide his true feelings very well...and he is willing to pay the $$ price for his mistakes.Also,he needs to voice his disclaimer that neither his sponsor or Dodge agree with his rudeness and/or explicit gestures,and they are just mere victims by sponsoring him and his raceteam.
Its a shame two very good drivers need to act like that,they could both do great good for Toyota and Dodge,but what they are doing hurts the whole bunch.
I seem to remember Jimmy Spencer being sponsored by McDonalds,and him having hissy fits every race,purposely rear ending competitors on caution laps....yet McDonalds (the family friendly place remember) did nothing about it.Guess Jimmy sent them enough business (look at the size of him)..

While Jimmy Spencer drove like a jerk, he didn't behave like a little snot towards his crew, the media, or other competitors like the Busch boys do.

What an idiot; he flipped off Michelle Obama's motorcade.
crackmeup2.gif
Video is on Youtube.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
"Mutual split" my [censored]; Penske's sponsers said it's either your sponsorship or Kurt Busch. Take it or leave it.

I agree, wonder what really was said to the "little jedi" at Joe Gibbs?? Maybe M&M(Mars)should have taken a harder line...although they have Interstate Batteries to fall back on.

If you watch the videos and listen to the audio from Kurt on Inside Nascar, that guy has got some serious mental issues. He's constantly in full rage mode. You can also listen to the audio from other teams talking about it and to stay away from him so they don't get wrecked. No wonder his wife left him; she was probably afraid for her life. How the heck can someone have everything and just blow it away? I get angry, but if I had a gig as a top level Nascar driver, a beautiful blonde wife, and everything that comes with that, I could learn to keep my anger under control so I didn't lose what I had!

It was reported after the season ended that he was seeing a "sports psychologist" or something to that effect...

Too little, too late.

Bye.

I think many of us saw this split coming. I highly doubt it will be the end of Kurts carrer. A set back deffinetly but his wins wont go unnoticed by some teams that were not mentioned in the nascar.com article

As stated david ragen is on the market, but in honesty He won't be at penske. Kurts spot will be handed to Sam Hornish. Roger is very loyal to his drivers and Sam is slated for a full time nationwide ride for next season already.

many open spots will open in the coming months and a few are already open that haven't been mentioned.

1 that comes to my mind is RCR. Richard is pretty used to rough around the edges drivers and Kurt might be just up his alley to fill Clint Bowyers Spot. Clint made a big mistake going to Michael waltrip I will add. The issue here will be getting along with harvick.

We are all aware of the lack of production from the JGR #20. joey lagano might just be on the market soon aswell. I doubt JGR will want another busch but joe loves talent and drive.

Lets not forget there is a good chance Redbull Racing will field 1 car in 2012 and will really want a driver that can put the single car team upfront.

There is an open spot at Roush Fenway, but im sure Jack doesn't want to go back down that road again

In the coming weeks and months the possibilities will become more clear. Maybe Just maybe Kurt will move to NHRA and proceed with his pro stock career

Red Bull is trying to come up for funding next year. At this time they have no solid plans for 2012.

But on that note Brian Vickers is also on the market.

David Ragen is actively seeking Penske.

I think if Roger is smart he will hang tight and let some more options open up

Kurt has little to few options for 2012.There are literally no openings with any teams this late in the season, and Daytona testing starts next month.

Unfortunately for him, he has burned way too many bridges, and the mega sponsors don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole right now.

Redbull is done, and is closing down. All the big teams have already signed everyone or are downsizing. I personally would like Penske to sign Reutimann for the #22, but my guess is that it will be Ragan. Hornish has already been ruled out; he will be running for the championship in Nationwide next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back