Liqui Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40 in MKIV Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd appreciate some advise if the Liqui Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40 can/should be used in a MKIV Jetta Wagon.
It's not 505.01 specification according to their webpage.
I had the Timing Belt replaced and an oil/filter change done at a small shop that specializes in Euro imports.
I had twice insisted they use 505.01 specification oil and even offered to supply some Castrol SLX myself.
When my wife picked up the car she saw that the mechanic poured in the Liqui-Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40, which has 50200/50500 spec. She started questioning the mechanic and he assured her that would be just fine and that this vehicle could use just about any full synth. oil. They argued for a while, but then she drove home (150Km).

Of course I was ticked off when I found out, especially since they marked on the invoice Castrol SLX oil. They also overfilled by 3/8" on the dipstick.

Can I leave this oil in there or should I get it out ASAP?
If yes, should I replace the filter as well?
I was thinking to replace it with Amsoil Euro 5W-40, the only oil with the right spec, I can get up here at the moment.

Do you have the Pump Duese (sp), or the common rail injection systen? If you have the CR, the 505.00 will work otherwise you need the 505.01. I think the difference is in the wear protection of the cam lobe that run the injection pump. Without the 505.01 in the PD, the cam lobe wears away quite quickly.

On a side note, if the shop doesn't know this RUN!

Last edited:
PD engines require 505.01. CR engines, 09 and later, require 504/507. Use something certified or Amsoil, which is recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back