Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 6-pack arrived within about a week of ordering, however, when I ordered it, the website did not say "Usually ships within 3 to 4 weeks."

Originally Posted By: matt922
how about we all send a request to autozone in an attempt to try and get it on the shelves?

I'm sorry if I missed this elsewhere in the thread: can Autozone custom order it? Lots of people writing in might work, but lots of people custom ordering it almost definitely would.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I'm sorry if I missed this elsewhere in the thread: can Autozone custom order it? Lots of people writing in might work, but lots of people custom ordering it almost definitely would.

According to SOPUS, most auto part stores can special order it. However, I've called several different auto store chains, and each one has looked at me like I'm from Mars and claimed the product doesn't even show up in their catalogs, hence they can't order it.

Until SOPUS agrees to pay the retailers for the extra shelf space, I don't think we'll see PU 5w-40 in stores. And for SOPUS, this is a niche product. They don't want to spend extra money on advertizing/marketing/distribution. Catch 22.

Got mine today
smile.gif
from amazon

Hey All,

Pennzoil Ultra European Formula 5W-40 VW: 502.00 I have a picture but I am not sure how to post it, but a case is sitting on my floor !
grin.gif

I just bought this oil today and am excited to run it in my 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5L !,

It was not easy to find but after calling shell, getting distributors numbers in the Greater Toronto Area I came out with a part number! 550025270 that is alot different than 550022576. It seems that up here in Canada the part number is different.

Car Quest is where I purchased it, There warehouse stocks it and they can get it in @ $9.18/litre, my local store actually had a case burried in the back.

Napa can also order it in @ $10.59/litre,

Oh and those who buy it do not forget to register in the Pennzoil warranty program if you have less then 97,000 km and you will get an $8.00 mail in rebate !! So don't lose your receipt!

Welcome to BITOG, Tomcio! Is that Polish?
smile.gif

Does the PU you bought come in 1 liter bottles? If so, that would explain why it has a different part number.

Hey thanks for the welcome,

and yes it is Polish, its a nickname for Tomasz or Tomek, lol,

Anyways,

Yes I did purchase it in one litre bottles Part #550025270,

I was almost getting ready to ship some of the #550022576 over from the states from the oil-store as I spoke to them on the phone and they told me it comes in a case of 6X 1 litre bottles. So im am not totaly sure why the numbers are different, even on amazon.com this part #550022576 comes up as a 6 pack in the U.S.

Either way I am very pleased to have this oil!
smile.gif

Here is a little read up I found intended for Pennzoil service centres outlining their cost for the oil and what their package costs,

xxx.resource-centre.ca/doc/GSAP_PRICE_LIST_May_1_2011.pdf

PENNZOIL ULTRA TM/mc EUROPEAN

NEW SAE 5W-40 (MB 229.5/229.3, VW 502.00/505.00, BMW LL-01) 550025270 6 x 946 mL 12.53 75.16

NEW SAE 5W-40 (MB 229.5/229.3, VW 502.00/505.00, BMW LL-01) 550022577 208.2 L 2,371.88

Just some food for thought here.

Appears to be canadian only.

Originally Posted By: Tomcio
Yes I did purchase it in one litre bottles Part #550025270,

Quote:
NEW SAE 5W-40 (MB 229.5/229.3, VW 502.00/505.00, BMW LL-01) 550025270 6 x 946 mL 12.53 75.16

Well, so it's not 1 litre. It's 1 quart, which equals 946 mL. That's why I was asking. I thought that maybe you guys in Canada had 1 litre bottles as opposed to 1 quart bottles in the US and hence the part number difference, but that's not it.

By the way, I just looked at my PU 5w-40 stash. The 550022576 number is shown on both the 6-quart case as well as on each individual 1-quart bottle.

lol yah,

I know about the Quart = 946 ML which feels like a rip off so I just tell myself its close enough to 1L and go on with my day
laugh.gif

Hopefully these part numbers will help others find this glorious oil here in Canada
smile.gif

BTW, This is a pretty interesting forum with some good reads
smile.gif

I can't wait to do the oil change in the next couple days!

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Chances are they will need to order it in for you, but who cares....it's a local source finally!

Good find. I don't need it myself, but it's shocking - PU in Canada. Doog finds green GC (in another thread) and you find Euro PU in Canada. It's been some week!

My Local Car Quest sells it for 9.18!

Napa is always more expensive.

smile.gif

Napa is still cheaper than paying shipping to order it in.

Last edited:
My Local Car Quest sells it for 9.18!
Napa is always more expensive.
smile.gif

Getting better but I consider M1 0W-40 a somewhat better oil and it comes in full litre bottles. It's on sale this week-end at Cdn Tire 10% off; not much but it's something.

BTW, don't forget A & A Discount Auto in Stoney Creek and Hamilton. They've got lots of German oils including Fuchs, Total, Lubro-Moly and Mannheim for only $29.95/5L jug.

Car quest never asks me to pay for shipping, at least not my local one. They even provide free over night if you need the part tomorrow. Either way it is nice to know we can get it. Im running it now so we will see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back