Hankook H727... China or Korean made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know for sure the version that The Tire Rack sells
of the Hankook H727 is made in China or Korea?

Im really wondering if the Michelin MXV4 is really that much
better in quality than the Hankook since its so much more expensive!

Is the Hankook quality just as good as the Michelin?

Last edited:
It depends the size sometimes. On Tirerack, just go to the specs tab and it will say the country of origin all the way on the right of the chart on the line your tire size is on.

The Hankook H727 tested well in a recent Consumers Report test
ranking 4th among All-Season S and T Speed rated tires. The Michelin Primacy MXV4 was ranked 1st among Performance All-Season H Speed rated tires. The Performance All Season classification is a step higher in tire rankings based on performance.

What is interesting is that Tire Racks own test ( check it out ) of the Hankook H727 doesn't come anywhere near the Tire Rack Buyers Survey of the tire, or the Consumer Report test. It's wet performance and handling were not so hot in the Tire Rack Tire Test. ( Check out the Test Charts )

We believe in the time tested adage...."you usually get what you pay for".........

I have a set of H727's that I bought 6 months ago on my Honda, I'm impressed with them for only 70 dollars a tire, They ride very nice, and when pumped to 37 psi they don't feel mushy when I turn sharp like the kuhmo's I had before...

They work well in Minnesota snow also, my co worker has a set on his grand prix, he was about the only one to make it to work with only his car all winter...

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually emailed Hankook about this a couple weeks ago because I won't buy Chinese tires. They told me they're made in Korea.

Here's the email exchange:
Quote:
I'm considering buying a set of the Optimo H727 for my Hyundai Sonanta. I was wondering where these tires are made? I realize there may be more than one factory that makes them, but in what countries are the factory/factories located? I try to avoid made in China tires, and I want to make sure these aren't made in China before I buy them. I had a set of Hankook H418 tires in the past that I was satisfied with. Thanks, Stephen

Quote:
Hello Stephen,

The H727 is made in Korea.

Best regards,

Juan A. Britos

Assistant Manager

Technical & Service Team

Hankook Tire America

1450 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07087

(973) 406-3614

(973) 633-9980 fax

Last edited:
Stephen,

Ok, But I am wondering why on Tire Rack's site, its says
they are made in BOTH China and Korea?

Originally Posted By: flinter
Stephen,

Ok, But I am wondering why on Tire Rack's site, its says
they are made in BOTH China and Korea?

Well, why don't you contact Tire Rack and contact Hankook and see what they say? All it would take is a couple emails.

I think mine says Korea, will double check. Putting them on this Thursday. Got it very cheap on labor day sale on DTD
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
I think mine says Korea, will double check. Putting them on this Thursday. Got it very cheap on labor day sale on DTD
smile.gif

How cheap?

I was planning on ordering a set on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I should have checked on Veteran's day to see if they had a special.

Here's an update,

I wrote a follow-up email to Hankook asking them again about the country of origin of the H727 and pointing out that Tire Rack says they come from Korea and China.

Here's my email:
Quote:
Thank you for the response, but I have a follow up question.

On Tire Rack's website, they list the countries of origin as China and Korea. Is Tire Rack wrong, or are the tires made in both Korea and China?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Optimo+H727

Thanks again,
Stephen

Here is their response:
Quote:
Hankook has factories in Korea, China, Hungary and Indonesia. For the American market the H727 comes from Korea.

So, the H727 tires sold in the US should come from Korea, according to this email. Unless Tire Rack has some way of getting tires that weren't originally destined for the US market.

So far, those tires are very quite and comfy. Couldn't hear noise on hwy concrete overpasses even with open window( I usually heard noise even with window closed). Dumps small bumps much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back