MMO + TCW3 study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

An instantaneous reading on a car's built in computer means very little. It could be downhill, downwind, and with the foot off the gas to various degrees.
And what is a spark plug 'foil'?
It is fouling spelled in the middle of night
smile.gif
I'm watching avg. mpg for tank,not instant, since it can go from 0 to 200+, and timing on idle.

Hmm no codes so far, guess maf cleaning and 3 front plugs helped. Well, anyway new gasket will be delivered and installed soon.

Unless the camera tint is off, the color in his picture is beet red which is NOT the red oxide color.

the gallon jug of MMO will break if left out in the cold. i put it in a one gal gas can. and add 1 qt of of twc-3. thinking of adding more twc-3.. what think?

Someday I use 4 oz, someday 5 oz per 10 gal of gas. I noticed if I used more than 5 oz per 10 gal, the car started losing power. If less than 4oz, I couldn't tell if the mix was added.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
So next fill up today. Shell v power and around 5 oz of cocktail.Previous tank end up with 26.8 mpg

When you say Cocktail, It sounds as though it is not an accurate measurement. Just sayin.

So, How much fuel (gallons) will you add this 5oz cocktail to?

Thanks, Jim

that's why people need to read at least couple pages before.
5 oz to 18.5 gallon tank.
my "cocktail" is 3/4 TCW3 and 1/4 MMO for right now.

in the late 80s my uncle called me and ask why his spark plugs was red. he was using a old spark plug chart didnt show the red color, cause TTM wasnt used in the 60s. couse we all know that if LEAD is burned it engine it didnt come out as LEAD. never heard that? look it up.

^ I'm too young to know about leaded fuel
smile.gif

As Google showed red is gas additives, mostly low quality gas(guess prolonged use of Speedway(Super America), not Shell).
Maybe from all those "cleaning" additives that went thru fuel system in past year.
Red tinted plugs--nothing bad, judging by different forums.

Last edited:
ok i have 2001 dakoda stock V-6 auto trans stock, posi 4.1 use valvoline premium blue 15w-40. 116000 miles. i use a ampco (http://www.ampcolubes.com/) upper lube, half through it, half through the gas tank. running a mix of one gal mmo, one qt twc-3. total amount one qt use in 800-900 miles. no hiway miles. but i have put some hard miles on it lately, at low speeds. thats just the info. what happened i had my shop do an oil change at exactly 116000 miles. i was told it was a half a qt low . to be honest i dont check my oil as much as i should. but shoot for 3000 mile changes. the big Q, should i be worried? should i do something to adjust something?

Check PCV valve? Half a quart down is not so bad for your conditions. Oil prob got past rings during hard driving.
Piston soak with Kreen/MMO won't hurt.

28.4 last tank mpg. Conclusion so far: it does not influence MPG or timing, just adds smoothness to idle and MMO cleans fuel system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back