Valvoline oil filters are now made by Purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a new shipment of Valvoline filters in today, and they are made by Purolator now instead of Champ Labs (most were E-core). The air filters are different now, too, but I didn't inspect them. They are likely Puroltor now as well.

Do you or anyone else know if Mann/Hummel is contracting out to Purolator? Mann's cheaper filters like the ML1008 appears EXACTLY the same visually, to a L14610. Puro is takin over!

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Lowest bidder!!!

I don't think it's just that. Valvoline filters were the cheapest we sold. Now everything we sell (Purolator, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Performax and Valvoline) is made by Purolator, except our Service Pro brand, and I have no idea who makes those.

I personally applaud Valvoline for the switch. Purolator makes a darn good filter.

Sweet, too bad we won't get them. We are slowly going with out own brand filter. We used to have all Valvoline brand filters. A Chinese, poorly glued together product is replenishing our stock.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Do you or anyone else know if Mann/Hummel is contracting out to Purolator? Mann's cheaper filters like the ML1008 appears EXACTLY the same visually, to a L14610. Puro is takin over!

MANN+HUMMEL and Bosch are co-owners of Purolator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back