High priced MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw 1qt, MMO for 12.99 in Northern Tool. I did a double take, must have been a typo, then I saw the gallons for 24.99. Got the heck outta there after buying a little tub of Fast Orange for .99 and a retracable razor knife for 2 bucks. Anyone else seen the stuff that high?

i get one gal for $20.xx at a real parts house. do not let a one gal jug get cold, it will crack open. i put my MMO in a reg gal gas can. and add one qt of twc-3. i put 4 oz of MMO in 10 gal of gas. am thinking of putting more twc-3 in.

saw 1 gal mmo at TSC, for $19.xx the jug that a 1 gal mmo comes in will crack open in cold weather. put the mmo in a one gal gas can.

Originally Posted By: morris
saw 1 gal mmo at TSC, for $19.xx the jug that a 1 gal mmo comes in will crack open in cold weather. put the mmo in a one gal gas can.

Or refill the empty quart containers (4) which is what I did.
I read somewhere (probably BITOG) about the gallon jugs cracking/leaking. So I started out with the quart containers, then once used up, I started buying the gallon and refilling the quarts. They are still holding up after about a year use now.
Been using MMO for a couple vehicles, OPE and one of the motorcycles.

A quart at WM is like $4.xx. Kragen here used to have MMO in the gallon for $16.... now O'Really took over and last I saw it was $27.

wow. yea, MMO is creeping up in price here too......2.97 a quart last I checked....or so if I recall.

Typically don't go to the parts stores too often, but last time I called around, no one except Bennett Auto Supply had it....and they wanted 23$ a gallon.....at that price, better off with the easier to handle quarts from walmart
wink.gif

The closest Walmart near me that sells the gallon is like an hour away....hehe. No thanks
wink.gif
I'll stick with the quarts. after all, they are easier to handle... but lately, I been simply refilling a 3.2 oz bottle of Poulon brand 2 cycle oil....seems to be "just the right dose" for my 14 gallon (10 gallon fill ups typically) tank.

Last edited:
You could do a 50/50 mix in your 1 gallon gas can of MMO and TC-W3. I mix up a one quart batch of 50/50 TC-W3 and either Chevron Techron or Gumout/Regane,(12 ounce bottles....not the concentrate in the 6 ounce bottles), in a empty MMO quart bottle. After all is mixed and blended well....I pour 5 to 6 ounces of the blended concoction into empty 6 ounce bottles and store these bottles in an empty container with a tight fitting lid.

Every time I fill up, I empty the contents on one bottle to about 15 Gallons of gasoline. So each fill up of 15 gallons of gasoline gets 3 ounces of Fuel System Cleaner and 3 ounces of TC-W3. No muss....no fuss....the fuel system is cleaned and lubed on an on-going basis in small doses. Sometimes less is better...or Less is more. Why do the fuel system cleaning once or twice a year when you can do it year round...at every fill up?

I recently located some of the old 12 ounce bottles of Gumout /Regane at Big Lots for $3 a bottle. So that works out to $.25 an ounce...compared to MMO at $20 a Gallon or $.31 an ounce. Thy also have specials on Chevron Techron FS cleaner B1-GOF frequently at the auto parts stores. I keep the MMO for the oil...and not the gasoline.

Originally Posted By: morris
i get one gal for $20.xx at a real parts house. do not let a one gal jug get cold, it will crack open. i put my MMO in a reg gal gas can. and add one qt of twc-3. i put 4 oz of MMO in 10 gal of gas. am thinking of putting more twc-3 in.

Last edited:
Indeed, I'm turning into an "MMO stasher" of sorts lately
wink.gif
lol. Not overboard....but have 2 quarts thus far.....lol. It's about $3 and some change here for a quart.......so it's kreeping....last time I was at walmart, I heard the sales clerk telling his success story of the product, and the customer even bought some....so word is getting around.

I was thinking about the TCW-3 idea.....we don't have gallons of MMO "reasonably" around here......cheapest I could find was 23$ BUT-at that price, better off getting 4 quarts (4 quarts = gallon hehe) plus, a lot easier to manage/measure......

Nice idea of "mixing" the tcw-3 and MMO 1:1 or 50/50! LOL....but my question is.....do they "mix"....? Can you tell? I suppose, next time I'm out, I could get the gallon of supertech tcw-3, only $11 and some change....and slowly consume it in the gasoline, to about half....then add 2 quarts of MMO to it, and give it a good shake, and pre-fill my 3.25 oz. dosing bottles
wink.gif

Just kind of worried about "seperation" here.....I guess, it would be quite obvious though, if it did occur right? MMO is red, and TCW-3 is like a blue-ish color....right....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back