FSC and UCL all-in-one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Hm, I'm gonna have to try that STP multipurpose additive.

Picked some up tonight at Maomart. Next tank will try it.

It was $5, while Seafoam was $9.

Added at the 0.75 oz per gallon ratio when I filled up tonight, we'll see what my impressions are for this tank.

Originally Posted By: checkairspeed
OK. now after the hijacking.. Is a FSC and a UCL even required?

I can't answer your question. I suppose unless we get an expert like Molekule to engage, all you will get is anecdotal evidence.

And on that note, I am surprised no one mentioned FP Plus. It was highly regarded here when Terry Dyson was a member, but has been pushed off the pedestal by other products (current flavor of the day).

FP Plus might seem expensive, but at its low dosage rate makes it competitive.

Google BITOG FP Plus or FP60 and dig up some of the old discussions.

http://www.lcdinc.com/products_fuel_power.php

Thanks. I'll take a look at the LCD products. Just trying to determine if these (FSC/UCL) are even required. Seems the fuels produced today have robust detergent packages. Also, if a UCL was required to maintain an engine, wouldn't the OEMs require it? If there is truly an advantage from using them, I would do it. Want the best protection and economy based on reality and not hope.

Originally Posted By: checkairspeed
OK. now after the hijacking.. Is a FSC and a UCL even required?

Most people in my circle(my friends/family) and those whom I know elsewhere(car guys) don't use anything in their gas tanks 'cept gas! Or unless they susspect an issue and only then will they try an additive in the tank. Only folk on fourms such as BITOG use as much system cleaners as we do

Funny thing is, most of their vehicles run perfectly fine with many miles on'em and too, many of these people that I speak of don't do a fraction of the maintenance that we here at Bob's do.

I have ridden in many of my non car guy friends vehicles. Often the engine was cold, meaning that their car wasn't started all day and being an older vehicle(10 yrs or more), it starts fine and cruises perfectly and they're not know as being one for maintenance...Fill'er up with gas and go! Change the oil, whenever! Fix things when they break(and a mechanic is fixing it!) Most of these non car guys don't even open the hood.

I don't know how often these guys take in their vehicle for repairs(or use FSC) as it's not really a subjet of discussion when we talk. Where as with my car guy buddys, we talk about every repair we or a mechanic performs on our vehicles and, "OH, guess what I just had to replace"? is how the conversation starts! I know almost as much of my buddy's vehicle history as they do.

So, do we need FSC/UCL? IMHO, if there is an issue, sure! Many folks like to use'em for PM.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

Most people in my circle(my friends/family) and those whom I know elsewhere(car guys) don't use anything in their gas tanks 'cept gas! Or unless they susspect an issue and only then will they try an additive in the tank. Only folk on fourms such as BITOG use as much system cleaners as we do

Funny thing is, most of their vehicles run perfectly fine with many miles on'em and too, many of these people that I speak of don't do a fraction of the maintenance that we here at Bob's do.

I have ridden in many of my non car guy friends vehicles. Often the engine was cold, meaning that their car wasn't started all day and being an older vehicle(10 yrs or more), it starts fine and cruises perfectly and they're not know as being one for maintenance...Fill'er up with gas and go! Change the oil, whenever! Fix things when they break(and a mechanic is fixing it!) Most of these non car guys don't even open the hood.

I don't know how often these guys take in their vehicle for repairs(or use FSC) as it's not really a subjet of discussion when we talk. Where as with my car guy buddys, we talk about every repair we or a mechanic performs on our vehicles and, "OH, guess what I just had to replace"? is how the conversation starts! I know almost as much of my buddy's vehicle history as they do.

So, do we need FSC/UCL? IMHO, if there is an issue, sure! Many folks like to use'em for PM.

I'm with you on this one.

your points and also that virtually all 4-cycle internal combustion engine manufacturers (automobile manufacturers) Engine R&D never factor in the need/requirements for additional oil in gasoline mix for UCL properties, so, why-on-earth does some of these armchair scientists consistently insisted the benefits of UCL by adding stoddard solvents, 2cyl water-cooled oil (ashless) into their gasoline and insisted that they see the benefits of that? That is beyond me.

*maybe I should email million-mile joe (the guy who owns that 1990 accord and past million miles recently) to see if he buys that (adding oil/stoddard solvent in gas and claim for additional UCL benefits)

Q.

Redline Complete Fuel System Cleaner, aka S1-1 in the 15 ounce bottle.
Maintenance Dose as per the Redline website is 1/3 to 1/6 ounce per gallon of gasoline.
This means that 1 x 15 ounce bottle will treat 50 to 100 gallons of gasoline.

If I fill up (15 to 19 gallons), I add roughly 1/3 of a bottle.
1 Bottle treats 3 tanks of fuel.
That puts me toward the higher end of the concentration listed by Redline.
Unless I'm taking a trip someplace, I use a tank of gasoline every 2 weeks or slightly more.
So, 1 bottle lasts me roughly 6 weeks.

They state that the produce prevents rust in the fuel system.
They also state that it will disperse SMALL amounts of water in the fuel system.

In short, this product is marketed at a fuel system cleaner AND a upper cylinder lubricant.

^^^ Yes, this, and the Amsoil PI (when I place an order with them, as it is VERY hard to come by locally, on the shelf
frown.gif
), are the only 'combo' (FSC & UCL) products I ever use/trust.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back