Heavy Deposits In Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: landtoy80
I think I have oil leaking past the valve guide seals. Two of the 6 spark plugs had oil on the threads.
My thinking is that the oil is soaking into the carbon/build up on the piston. I have noticed that after the B-12 treatment I have not see as much (hardly any) start up smoke. Maybe the build up is going away.

What color smoke would there be from gas leaking and soaking into the buildup as it is burned off if that was my problem?

You need your Valve Seals replaced, there is no fuel or oil additive that is gonna help you out.

It has only been a few days after treating for buildup but the big start up cloud is not big anymore. I will give it a week or two to see what happens.

As for replacing valve stem seals, the head needs to be removed and I don't plan on doing that any time soon.

Originally Posted By: landtoy80
It has only been a few days after treating for buildup but the big start up cloud is not big anymore. I will give it a week or two to see what happens.

As for replacing valve stem seals, the head needs to be removed and I don't plan on doing that any time soon.

You can always try some MMO in the fuel and oil and see what happens.

I have tried MMO in oil and gas before I did the Seafoam and B-12 for several hundred miles with no luck. My of not gave it a long enough time to work.

Somebody with more knowledge may correct me, please, but I did this with great success on Ford modular v8 engines to 'fix' the seals temporarily - for another 80-100k miles. Mixing Mobil 1 High Mileage with 1-2 quarts of Red Line (ester oil base). Works slowly, takes 1-2 full ODI cycles. My Land Cruiser is way too young: only 127k miles, so I have no experience with any repairs on it yet.
That ester oil treatment worked miracles on beat up police cruisers in cab service after 300k+ miles. No guarantee as your engine is different and the culprit could also differ..
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back