2012 Mazda5 Best Oil for Long Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks OceanDoctor.
Yes that's definitely an Idemitsu bottle, so that's the source for the Mazda 0W-20 States side.

In Canada, my local Mazda dealer says it's sourced from Petro-Canada but I haven't dropped by to see if it is in the distinctive PC bottle or not. I'm not particularly interested in confirming one way or the other since it's priced at $5.95/L which is more than the Honda/Acura(Idemitsu) 0W-20 and the Toyota 0W-20 of which both are preferred.

Originally Posted By: caideN
Hello. My father's 2012 Mazda 5 has hit 10,000 miles and is ready for it's 3rd oil change. I know the factory recommends 0w20 oil but I feel like its too thin. Would the engine last longer using 5w20 oil? Also, what oil and filter should I use? I've heard motorcraft or mobil 1 are good, but please share your knowledge.

Thanks!!!

Here is my UOA on my M6 with the 2.5L with Mobil 1 0w20. I would stick with 0w20 to avoid warranty "issues."

Mobil 1 0w20 UOA

Originally Posted By: caideN
I just bought some 0w20 mobil 1 synthetic. Any recommendation on a cheap good filter?
Motorcraft or genuine Mazda but if it's like here Motorcraft are considerably cheaper for the cartridge filter.

Found the description on oemmazdaparts.com

SAE 0W-20 Full Synthetic Premium Motor Oil

Features:

• Meets the requirements for American Petroleum Institute (API)

Service SM / Energy Conserving, ILSAC GF-4

• Fuel-efficient formula includes special friction modifiers

that save gas

• Premium additive package fights sludge, varnish, rust,

corrosion and wear

• Formulated for easy cold-weather starting - at temperatures

down to -40°F (-40°C)

• Excellent deposit control

• Approved for Mazda warranty replacement

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Thanks OceanDoctor.
Yes that's definitely an Idemitsu bottle, so that's the source for the Mazda 0W-20 States side.

I hope you aren't basing that just on the bottle, as that is a very generic bottle that many manufacturers use for private label products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back