Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 (XTL technology)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the sample of new Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 (XTL technology), which replaces Fuchs TITAN GT1 Longlife III.
voaf.jpg

I also add a table with VOA results of VW 507 5W30 oils which I collected in the net.
oilsummary.jpg

It seems new PRO C-3 has less Boron, Calcium, Phosphorus and Zinc then the old LL III. What’s up ? Some new additives undetectable with 35$ analysis or simply more ‘eco-friendly’ and not necessarily ‘engine-friendly’ VW 507 oil ?

Definitley different add packs from SN/GF-5. Quite a bit thicker and not very high opening TBNs either. Would these all be Group IV/V bases?

Neat to see, thanx for posting!

Originally Posted By: cp3
Would these all be Group IV/V bases?

It seems that Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 XTL has group IV/V bases, while replaced LL III is probably HC:
pro_c3_174.jpg

gt1_longlife_iii_186.jpg

Thanks for posting.
One thing I do like about the Fuchs XTL is it's reasonably high 175 VI which is supposed to be the main advantage of the XTL technology. (I haven't looked up the VI's of the other oils you've listed).

Member 21Rouge just installed this oil in his Chev Traverse V6 and will likely be posting a UOA in the spring.

There are two Fuchs oils with similar names. One is TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 (XTL) and the second is Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO FLEX 5W-30 (XTL), with VI: 162 and 175 respectively.
I posted the VOA of TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 (XTL). I’m going to post UOA in the spring or early summer. The main advantage of XTL technology, as Fuchs claims, is that the oil is very quickly distributed around the engine after the cold start. There might be some truth in this claim, because my 1.9 TDI PD gets quite more quickly then it used to on Fuchs LL III.

Flex looks good on the paper (VI 175, CCS 5100), but it’s probably HC:

pro_flex_177.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zak14
There are two Fuchs oils with similar names. One is TITAN GT1 PRO C-3 5W-30 (XTL) and the second is Fuchs TITAN GT1 PRO FLEX 5W-30 (XTL), with VI: 162 and 175 respectively.

Flex looks good on the paper (VI 175, CCS 5100),

And it is this PRO FLEX (dexos2) that I am currently running in our TRAVERSE (GM DI Engine). I have only accumulated 1300 km (800 miles) on this oil and as I am hoping to take it to around 8k miles it won't be till early summer before I will draw a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back