Dual filter remote filter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just happened to find this kit http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/1213/10002/-1

It is way cheaper than Amsoil, and you can use same filters as before.
Thinking of buying it. Reason: I'm tired of burning and scratching my hands due my filter location. Also benefits would be better filtration, larger oil total capacity, some oil cooling( filter located near headers).
My question are: should it be mounted so base plate facing ground, sky or side. Or it doesn't matter. Facing ground(like cartridge filters) or side will be most comfortable to swap filters.
2 Cheapo Supertech filters should be able to hold on for 8k-10k miles? And 2 PureOnes/Bosch around 12-17k? Amsoil, RP for 20k-25k?
Or not really?
I'm not sure about extended OCIs since I have sludge monster. But better filtration, cooler running oil and more oil in overall should be a benefit for sludge prone engine.(Running filters for 2 OCIs if not extended)
BTW what is the case of sludging in 1mz-fe engines? Is it poor PCV system design or Hot running engine? or Both?

Guys who do extended OCIs or plan to, might benefit from this system.
P.S. They have different models for different cars.

Last edited:
You still need a bypass filter. Sticking 2 normal filters on it doesn't quite get the job done. Im not sure if thinking having a system like this without a bypass element will allow for EOCI. If it were me I would want the benefit of 2 micron filtration. You may try to find out if the Amsoil bypass filter will work with this. if so it's still much less then the Amsoil system

I've done this before. I ran two full flow FL-1A's on my Volvo 245Ti. You can still tap into into the mount for a remote bypass. Can you say mondo oil volume?

Old post form Gary Allan:
1-16 = same as the Cummins full flow
2.8/2.4 (+/- hundredths possibly)
6",8",10" for EaBP 90/100/110

Will not work with EaBP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Just happened to find this kit http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/1213/10002/-1

It is way cheaper than Amsoil, and you can use same filters as before.
Thinking of buying it. Reason: I'm tired of burning and scratching my hands due my filter location. Also benefits would be better filtration, larger oil total capacity, some oil cooling( filter located near headers).
My question are: should it be mounted so base plate facing ground, sky or side. Or it doesn't matter. Facing ground(like cartridge filters) or side will be most comfortable to swap filters..

That system is designed for a different purpose than you would be asking of it. I've run a dual remote system for years: 18+ yrs

565rebuild2011.jpg

565" 945hp single carb Ford.

This picture has a System 1 race filter 30 micron filter/screen and a 30 micron Napa Gold on it.

More than likely the next river season it will have two Baldwin BT 251 filters on it. They are tall filters:
PA181305.jpg

With a 12 micron filter a 7-9 gpm flow rating and a 11 psi by-pass. Running dual filters will reduce the pressure drop at the filter and will keep the by-pass valves shut. The engine sees prolonged runs above 3,800 rpms with a hi-volume oil pump, the by-pass valves in the oil filters need to remain closed when running between 4,200 - 4,600 rpms for periods up to 12- 15 minutes. Mobil 1 20-50 ( 15-50) reaches 225* with a water to oil oil cooler.

If you were to run a very small micron filter on just one side the oil will seek the path of least resistance and flow thru the other filter, yes you will filter a small % each pass thru the system, but that's not what that dual remote was designed for.

Hope that helps..................... ( IMO )

G-

Makes sense. So it is better to stay with one "better" filter in non performance application or add expensive 2-3 micron bypass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back