Info needed on K&N/Mobil 1 filters............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

First post here and I'm asking for some info that I'm guessing has been discussed here before. I'm working on a project and have cut up a few oil filters:

PB051438.jpg

PA181321.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has the GPM flow rating of the K&N filters and Mobil 1 filters along with the psi rating of the by-pass valve?

any help would be appreciated........thanks,

G Code

Jon

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
They vary according to the part numbers. Give me a number and we can look it up.

Flow rating and psi of by-pass valve for K&N # 3001

Flow rating of K&N # 4003

Thanks

Originally Posted By: GCode
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
They vary according to the part numbers. Give me a number and we can look it up.

Flow rating and psi of by-pass valve for K&N # 3001 ( by-pass is 8-11 psi) looking for flow ratings basicaly

Flow rating of K&N # 4003

Thanks

No info.........????

I was hoping someone here had received or knew some information about the flow ratings. It's hard to get info on the specs of both. I wanted info on the Baldwin filters I'm looking at, I just emailed them and with-in the hour they e-mailed me back and gave me a phone number to contact the tech department directly if I didn't get what I needed. There info on the BT251 corrects some info I got off the web.

Info on B2 filter:

B2specs1.png

B2specs2.png

I'd like to know how the M-1 and K&N stack-up against the $ 6.00 Baldwin B2?

Since I'm not looking for 100,000+ miles on my boat engine just 100% filteration from idle to 7,000 rpm with a 20 +/- micron filter(s). Knowing the K&N and M-1 numbers to match against the Baldwin would be good to know.

G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back