whats a good fuel system cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need any high priced fancyness just a decent fuel cleaner. It's for my Saturn I'm not big on potions but saturns seem to need all the love they can get. Any helps appreciated thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gumout Regane High Mileage, $5/bottle at walmart, is the best over-the-counter stuff I have used. I dumped a bottle in my dad's van with 115k that has never had any fuel system cleaning, and he called me to ask what I put in his van since it ran so much better.

^ Yep, that's a good one, that or Chevron Techron Concentrate.

My Saturn girl likes the Gold diet... Redline SI-1 or Amsoil PI...
lol.gif

shell v power with p.e.a.either $2 or $3 at big lots.
Lucas ucl in the big bottle. about $8 (with 20% off at advance for about 10 treatments

Techron is the one to measure all others by. AZ or AAP is having a BOGO I think. Sams Club has a 4 pack. You want a PEA type of cleaner, so its that or Regaine.

Its AAP with the bogo.. its the large 20oz size 12.99.. bogo
(no rebate foolishness either.)

I use Seafoam in my tank every 6k miles....seems to do me good and I get good deals on it when I have coupons for advance auto. No one on this site seem to use that much but Techron is also good stuff.

I've used them all and Seafoam is the best. Use it through the brake vacuum hose system for best results. See their video.

I have been very happy with Redline. I also trust since Travis is in the Injector business he would know what works.

I believe the Regane products have different amount of PEA in them. If you go that route you might do some extra research on their products.

FYI Seafoam or any product through a vaccum hose is not cleaning the fuel system

Last edited:
I know this wasn't part of the original question, but is Redline SL-1 also an effective fuel stabilizer? I know this is listed as one of its benefits, but is it as effective at stabilizing fuel as say Stabil?

Thats what I hear Pete, but I don't know if it is as good at stabilizing as say stabil as Red Line wears many hats, but excells at everything it does do

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977

FYI Seafoam or any product through a vaccum hose is not cleaning the fuel system

Perhaps I should have explained more fully. It is the best method for the injectors which is the key part of the fuel system. It can also go into the tank.

Seafoam instructions and video show 1/3 can intake vacuum, 1/3 can tank, 1/3 engine oil. I like 1/2 intake and 1/2 tank not using any in the oil. My cars never get sludge so that is not needed.

Point is: The stuff works and very affordable unlike some of the snake oil products. Typically $10 for a 16 oz can, but often on sale for $7 or $8.

I recently used it on a friends Honda mower that was not run for 2 years. Maybe 1 oz in about 1 qt of new gas and it worked. Saved him $150 repair bill at the Honda shop who said it needed a carb rebuild.

Last edited:
The best method for the injectos is through the fuel rail. Im not aware of any fuel getting to injectors nozzels through a vaccum line.

Basically your decarbing the valves and pistons, nothing through the vaccuum line is going through the injector nozzel. If your running it through the intake your basically doing a top engine clean

This is why you have to watch closely at so Called injector services where nothing is hooked to the fuel rail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back