Debit Card fees spreading across the country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster

TD is a conservative bank. They did not participate in the Wall St. frenzy like the other SID's.

So? Good for them, they get a cookie. They still raised fees on me, when my other bank did not. Why should I stick with them if I cant use wawa ATMs without paying a fee? It takes more or less zero effort to process these kinds of transactions, IMO. They show up same day, its all automated. Where is the risk or issue?

As for Wall St., Meyer Rothschild is laughing in his grave. I despise the whole setup.

I don't care what bank you use, that wasn't my point. But ya fees are annoying people.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
We won! no debit card fees from bank of america, they backed off! so where are they getting the money they are supposedly "losing" now? I wonder if regions bank will do the same!

http://message.bankofamerica.com/debitcard/

I checked my bank too. Regions bank is not doing the monthly debit card fee either! what's going on?! aren't the banks "losing" money due to the new debit card fee rules?
wink.gif

Regions says they will not charge debit card fees either!

Last edited:
they will try to take over the "problemmatic" banks that were causing the consumers to have another option...

The debit card may well go away. Doesnt bother me.

I didnt cry a river either about the small banks getting less interchange fees on debit cards.

But think about if we were like Europe, with what? Five banks total? None of the small ones? If that actually is the case (Ive read that but cannot confirm it), and all five put up debit card fees, what choice would the consumer have?

Bravo for the market 'working' for us. I'm surprised we didn't get some [censored] legislation introduced to 'help' us.

Someone tell Buster about what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac REALLY did. It wasn't Wall Street.

Who cares about debit cards? Manage your regular credit cards carefully and you get a free loan for 30 days or more. I certainly won't miss mine at all if it dies for whatever reasons.

We have moved our money before when the bank started charging stupid fees, we can always do it again if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back