who makes super tech synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Research man!

Depends on what part of the US you are in....but it is either going to be Warren (WPP) or Mobil.

Still a good oil either way...

Could be a possibility that it's "Quaker State" oil.....and WPP (Warren Petroleum) does the "bottling" of the oil...

But yea, depends on the geo locations.

All researching has done was given me 100 different answers with no actual facts or anything. That would be why I'm asking here.

Check the bottom of the bottle, it should either say WPP or XOM depending on where you live, likely WPP in the mid west, speculation says the synthetic marked XOM is just QS UD, and as for the WPP I do not know what it is similar to.

The SM VOA's I saw of QS UD and ST were very similar with the QS being slightly better, but also a couple dollars more, as for how they fair in SN I do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quaker State is a Shell product, not XOM, so if it's made by XOM, it's not QS UD.

As for who makes SuperTech, "the lowest bidder" is probably the best answer.

Yea I've already read that its xom warren and sopus apparently. I've read speculation that's its bottled by wpp but is sopus oil but as I said before there is no actual factual info. I was looking for concrete evidence.

The only "concrete" information you are going to gain from this thread is that no knows for sure.

It's a good question (asked more than once), but there's no smoking gun leading back to a particular brand.

Edit: I'm referring to the WPP marked bottles.

Last edited:
You can contact WPP and they will tell you they're not locked into one supplier, they buy the best base stock on the market. WPP blends, bottles, ships the product.

I'd like to see someone show me a bad/mediocre oil from WPP/WNE, I don't think there is one.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
No. Research man!

Depends on what part of the US you are in....but it is either going to be Warren (WPP) or Mobil.

I don't believe that any ST synthetic is made by XOM. Most is made by WPP, but SOPUS does make some of it.

The SOPUS 5 quart jug looks like this

0068113177044_500X500.jpg

The WPP jugs look like this

0068113177042_500X500.jpg

The only similarity between the QS clear bottles and the WPP clear bottles is that they are clear, and contain a quart of oil. The shapes do not match, and neither does the contents.

If you havent tried a SuperTech oil you need to give it a go. It will change your mind about using only big name brand oil. Its so close to Quaker State's dino and syn I dont really see the point in buying it. If you need top off oil SuperTech dino is fantastic at barely over $2 a quart. So I always have quarts of it in my stash for cheap top off fluid in the Civic. Not going to waste my precious Pennzoil Platinum for a top off...

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
My st bottles say wpp so I guess I know for sure who made the bottle anyway.

I'd say the chance of XOM, SOPUS, or any other manufactures brand of oil being in WPP bottles is slim & none...

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
No. Research man!

I don't believe that any ST synthetic is made by XOM. Most is made by WPP, but SOPUS does make some of it.

The SOPUS 5 quart jug looks like this

0068113177044_500X500.jpg

The WPP jugs look like this

0068113177042_500X500.jpg

The only similarity between the QS clear bottles and the WPP clear bottles is that they are clear, and contain a quart of oil. The shapes do not match, and neither does the contents.

Ive never seen either of these, only the quarts that cost $4.87 a quart. Never seen the jugs of ST Synth

Is this good oil? I see a lot of it in 10W-30. Makes me want to use 10W-30 again if it is good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back