Good riddance Danica Patick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ffracer

I don't see NASCAR drivers with the stones to try 240 mph at Indy. Most NASCAR races never see north of 190 moh in qualifying trim, yet they talk about 200 mph all the time that never happens.
These car often hit well over 200 on turn in at 1-1/2 mile hi-bank tracks such as Atlanta, Vegas, Charlotte, Over 200 every lap, I'v seen them do 210mph in race trim entering turn 1 at Atlanta & 205mph at Charlotte.
These stock cars would be doing 240mph if they occasionally take flyte off the track & the super speedways are restricted to about half the potential HP.

"Don't hate the player- hate the game" fits pretty well here.

She may not be to everyone's tastes but she is bringing lots of attention to motorsports which can't be anything but good. And yeah, she can also drive better than the OP and any of the other complainers, so deal with it.

And don't be mad that she's successful. She may not be hitting the podium on a regular basis, but her public stock is worth a whole lot. I don't like that NASCAR drivers are so wrapped up in driver sponsorship that they consider themselves 'brands', but what else fits?

Nothing surprises me about a sport where fans have favorite car numbers regardless of who drives it, who sponsors it, or what team currently runs it.

Why is everyone confused?

Danica is good for business. So businesses hire her.

If we wanted sport we would be at the local dirt track on friday night or watching Peewees not watching NASCAR, Indy or the NFL.

Originally Posted By: ffracer
I don't think the stock cars are harder to drive, just different. Don't listen to the genius Darrell Waltrip, who hasn't driven anything but a stock car, but has an "expert" opinion on all types of racing.

I don't see NASCAR drivers with the stones to try 240 mph at Indy. Most NASCAR races never see north of 190 moh in qualifying trim, yet they talk about 200 mph all the time that never happens.

Danica was a midpack driver in Indycar. Don't expect much in NASCAR.

It takes more skill to control a sliding car at 190mph than it does to control a hooked-up car at 220. Tony Stewart had all the stones necessary to be much more successful in Indy cars than Danica has ever been. Then he went to NASCAR and has won two Chamionships, and is in contention for a third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back