Post your latest oil change

2001 Jeep Cherokee 4,000 miles out unknown oil that I forgot I used and Napa filter

In: 5qts Supertech HM 10w40 and 1 qt leftover 15w40 Delvac and Mobil 1 filter

'95 Toyota Celica GT (5SFE)
124k miles
Formula Shell 5w30
Pure One filter

This is replacing unknown oil and an ocod.
shocked.gif
(First oil change since we bought it in July).

Today
07 Kia Optima 103725

Out:
Valvoline WB 5w-20
Napa Gold Oil Filter

In:
Valvoline NextGen 5w-20
Purolator PureOne

2004 BMW X3 2.5
M54 I6
123,838 miles
7 quarts Mobil 1 5W-40 TDT
BMW PN 11427512300 filter

My daughter's 2002 Nissan Sentra 1.8
2.8 qts. Pennzoil Synthetic 5w30
PureOne filter

She bought the Sentra over the summer, and this was the first opportunity I had to do the oil change. If I find whoever did the previous change, I will wreak vengeance upon them and their children's children. I have never run-across a drain bolt so utterly frozen in-place. After finally getting it off, I examined it and discovered that there were two copper crush washers on the bolt, and they had been flattened paper-thin and practically fused together. It took me a long time to wrestle them off the bolt.

I'm used to the ease of oil changes on our Maxima, so I wasn't prepared for the filter location on the Sentra. Way in back and up on the block, requiring you to fit your hand up and around a support beam and the catalytic converter. This immediately told me that there would be no way to avoid an arm-full of oil, once the filter was loosened. But, that would take awhile, since the filter was on almost as tight as the drain bolt was. Obviously, the previous mechanic had never heard of "finger tight".

I eventually got it off (and got an arm-full of oil, as I expected). I was surprised that the Sentra 1.8 takes only 2.8qts of oil. The 1.8 in my GTi takes 4.2qts.

Anyway, it's on the road, and my back hurts badly.

2010 Ford Fusion 2.5
5.2qt Quaker State UD Syn 0w20
Purolator Pure 1 Filter

2002 Chevy Cavalier 2.2ohv
4qts Mobil 1 10w30
Purolator Pure 1 Filter

Last edited:
Changed the oil on my '04 Colorado today.

112,500 miles
Previous oil was 5 qts. M1 AFE 0w30 and 1 qt. M1 HM 5w30 along with a P1 filter. It was run for 7,500 miles between April 28th & today, October 30th.

Today, I put in 5 qts. M1 AFE 0w30 and 1 qt. of Toyota 0w20 along with a P1 filter. I used the Toyota 0w20 since I thought the light viscosity would help just a tad more throughout the winter.

2003 Mazda Tribute LX V-6, 118,566 miles.

Out: VWB 5W-20 + Fram Oil Treatment + MPH2 filter.
5,575 miles on OCI, sample sent for UOA.

In: QSGB 5W-20 + MPH2 filter

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5L QR25DE

Out: Peak 5W-30 SN / Purolator L14612
Miles on oil: 9586 (I hope this is wrong; perhaps I wrote down the incorrect mileage last OCI?)

In: 1 gal. PYB 5W-30 SM & 1 quart M1 10W-30 (K-Mart/TSC clearance) / Purolator PL14610

This is my buddy's car. This is the second time he's gone 9k+ on one dino OCI... the old oil was black and it doesn't look too good through the fill hole. This was an ex-rental car. The hubcabs on the rims look like they're about to fall off, his tires are perpetually low, the oil is never serviced except when I almost force him to accept an oil change, and with the way he drives he absolutely needs new brakes by now - I've had to top off his brake fluid reservoir twice now because the level lowers noticeably, and one or more of his disc brakes are squealing.

That's not all. The interior reeks and is dirty (he's a smoker), the A/C condenser is bent at an angle (i.e. not parallel with the engine), and the coolant and power steering were overfull (I corrected the PSF with some house brand PSF I got for $2/qt).

Last time I changed his oil was on 2011-05-30 at 28,864 miles. I set the service reminder to beep at 3,750 miles. He obviously reset it once.

He doesn't care about his car, I'm not sure why I still care.

Originally Posted By: Towncivilian
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5L QR25DE

Out: Peak 5W-30 SN / Purolator L14612
Miles on oil: 9586 (I hope this is wrong; perhaps I wrote down the incorrect mileage last OCI?)

In: 1 gal. PYB 5W-30 SM & 1 quart M1 10W-30 (K-Mart/TSC clearance) / Purolator PL14610

This is my buddy's car. This is the second time he's gone 9k+ on one dino OCI... the old oil was black and it doesn't look too good through the fill hole. This was an ex-rental car. The hubcabs on the rims look like they're about to fall off, his tires are perpetually low, the oil is never serviced except when I almost force him to accept an oil change, and with the way he drives he absolutely needs new brakes by now - I've had to top off his brake fluid reservoir twice now because the level lowers noticeably, and one or more of his disc brakes are squealing.

That's not all. The interior reeks and is dirty (he's a smoker), the A/C condenser is bent at an angle (i.e. not parallel with the engine), and the coolant and power steering were overfull (I corrected the PSF with some house brand PSF I got for $2/qt).

Last time I changed his oil was on 2011-05-30 at 28,864 miles. I set the service reminder to beep at 3,750 miles. He obviously reset it once.

He doesn't care about his car, I'm not sure why I still care.

Watch out, because on those Altimas the reason for low brake fluid is due to the master cylinder leaking.

Back