Primewell tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't aware that Primewell carries the P100 in the Escape's size for $80 but only a 40k rating. The BFG Long Trails we were running are now $145 with a 60k rating. 10k less than the rating seems to be the rule.

A co worker runs Primewells on his Ranger. He buys them from a cost standpoint and maintains them as he would a set of Michilins and routinely gets 50-60k out of a set, all worn evenly. I also see bottom line tires being run and in poor condition. I then look at the vehicle the tires are mounted on and am not so surprised at the selection of cheapo depot tires and their condition.

Time for an update. I've got about 5K miles on these tires and I have to admit they have been surprisingly OK. They are quiet, provide outstanding wet and dry traction, no howl at moderate speeds on offramps, and hold air pressure very well. Can't speak for how well they will wear long temr but show no visible signs so far.

Hit a pothole in NYC last night that all but loosened my fillings. I was sure the tire would be damaged, but all looks well. No vibration, bubbles in the sidewall, etc. Being 16" probably saved the wheel. I have no doubt an 18" or larger wheel would have been bent or cracked.

Tried them out in this wet, sloppy snow today and they performed as well as any other all-season tires I have used. Had to turn off the traction control to get up my street (pretty significant incline) but I got up with no problem.

Still not happy about the Chinese origin for economic reasons, but the tires themselves are better than any Firestone branded product I have ever had the misfortune to drive on.

Originally Posted By: mshu7
My wife & I picked up a used '01 Taurus almost a year ago. The previous owner had just put on a new set of Primwell PS series all-seasons. Being very picky about tires I was not thrilled about having those tires. However, 12K miles later I have to say that I'm surprised at how well these tires are doing. I've not had any complaints so far. Wet, dry, snow, etc. - They've performed admirably, especially considering they are an off brand. The only complaint I guess I could come up with is maybe that they are a little noisy? But that's nitpicking. I put nitrogen in them soon after and they've held their PSI's perfectly.

http://www.primewelltires.com/PS830-PS850

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
Time for an update. I've got about 5K miles on these tires and I have to admit they have been surprisingly OK. They are quiet, provide outstanding wet and dry traction, no howl at moderate speeds on offramps, and hold air pressure very well. Can't speak for how well they will wear long temr but show no visible signs so far.

Hit a pothole in NYC last night that all but loosened my fillings. I was sure the tire would be damaged, but all looks well. No vibration, bubbles in the sidewall, etc. Being 16" probably saved the wheel. I have no doubt an 18" or larger wheel would have been bent or cracked.

Tried them out in this wet, sloppy snow today and they performed as well as any other all-season tires I have used. Had to turn off the traction control to get up my street (pretty significant incline) but I got up with no problem.

Still not happy about the Chinese origin for economic reasons, but the tires themselves are better than any Firestone branded product I have ever had the misfortune to drive on.

Pretty much the same conclusion I have drawn with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back