Deer Park non BPA Spring Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently began drinking this water. I had been refilling 3 and 5 gallon polycarbonate water jugs with RO water from local dispensers for $.30 to $.39 per gallon. This Deer Park water tastes a LOT better and they say it hydrates the body better than RO water. It's more expensive, I get it for about $1.09 per gallon on sale, but I'm getting BPA out of my water with this stuff. Their one gallon clear containers are supposed to be BPA free. There is no plastic taste to it at all, which I used to notice in soft plastic gallon jugs.

BPA is a type of plastic that's known to leach out of water and out of coated canned foods. So, for people that want BPA fre, it is available.

Bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there. Think about it. You're PAYING for a natural, god-giving resource that every living creature is entitled to. You want something more 'natural'? Get a faucet attached or under counter water filter system and drink all you want. That's WAY better than bottled water. Besides, water is not meant to be bottled in the first place. Water needs to move, aerate.

Originally Posted By: shrooms
Bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there. Think about it. You're PAYING for a natural, god-giving resource that every living creature is entitled to. You want something more 'natural'? Get a faucet attached or under counter water filter system and drink all you want. That's WAY better than bottled water. Besides, water is not meant to be bottled in the first place. Water needs to move, aerate.

Agreed!

Originally Posted By: shrooms
Bottled water is one of the biggest scams out there. Think about it. You're PAYING for a natural, god-giving resource that every living creature is entitled to. You want something more 'natural'? Get a faucet attached or under counter water filter system and drink all you want. That's WAY better than bottled water.

Good health isn't free. We either pay for it now for prevention, or pay for it later for treatment.
Many of the under counter/above counter filters aren't very good. This Deer Park water tastes wayyy better than RO or distilled water. What's the difference if you pay $1.09 a gallon for it in non BPA bottle or pay for a under counter unit? You pay either way, and to me, Deer Park bottled water tastes better.

I know what you mean though. I may just break down and buy a good filter for drinking/cooking water. This is supposed to be a very good place to get water filters. I got a shower filter from them. I think their entry level fluoride filter pitcher is about $50. Their counter units are about $275.

IMHO, with any water filter, you want one that removes most of the fluoride. Fluoride is one additive to tap water that's not good for us, IMHO. Fl builds up in the body over time, and to my knowledge, there is no good way to remove it. I've been avoiding it for many years.

http://www.friendsofwater.com/Fluoride_Filters.html

As a chemist, I heartily endorse the fact that bottled water is a scam. If you want decent water, put a 3M activated carbon filter on your cold water tap.

And remeber, EVIAN spelled backwards is NAIVE!

Originally Posted By: Boomer
As a chemist, I heartily endorse the fact that bottled water is a scam. If you want decent water, put a 3M activated carbon filter on your cold water tap.

As in all things, there is good water and not so good, bottled, filtered, or whatever. It all depends on how much homework you have time to do. Right now I'm enjoying the Deer Park BPA free water.

If I get a filter, I'll be sure to get one that removes most fluoride, as I personally believe that Fl is an industrial by product of aluminum production / poison that does not belong in our water.

Originally Posted By: Boomer

Evian water vs Deer Park water (or any other brand) are very likely two different waters altogether. Maybe so or maybe not, but you being a chemist doesn't prove anything to me.

To really find out, you need to either do your homework or have these waters individually analyzed, otherwise what you say is nothing more than speculation.

BTW - for a scam, it's taking up whole isles in supermarkets these days. All bottled water isn't a scam. I'd bet it's not. To say all bottled water is a scam is like saying that all bottled oil is a scam.

I also recall bottle water being regulated by the "FDA" - whereas our tap water is regulated by the "EPA" - the EPA has more strict "requirements" for water, than the EPA "bottled water".....

And if you read most any jug of bottled water, the "primary source" will list "municipal water plant".....i.e.: tap water.....they just add some additives for taste, texture, and preservation.....DaSani, is one of the most idiotic I've seen, the "Nutrition Facts" states 10 mg of SODIUM?!? What the [censored] is "Sodium" doing.....Americans have enough "salt" in their diet already, and here they are putting it in their bottled water.

And I was wondering why I was still thirsty after chugging a bottle, looked at the bottle, and saw the "Sodium" content....duh, Sodium absorbs water....

I buy 1 gallon bottled water on sale just for the bottle to be filled in the RO filter in grocery store for 25-30c a gallon. The place I live in use well water that is hard and doesn't taste right unless filtered. From what I know #2 plastic is relatively low in BPA and since I use the same bottle over and over until it cracks and leak, the amount of BPA leaks is diminished to the point of irreverent.

If you are drinking good rain / river water, there's no need to do much other than some simple carbon filter and maybe boiling for sanitation.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
How in the heck do you "know" you're getting BPA out of "this stuff".

You may want to read up on BPA, it's not a "type of plastic".

No BPA in Deer Park 1 gallon clear jugs. If I'm not mistaken, most clear water bottles contain no BPA, for those of us that care to avoid BPA.

Deer Park Spring water, or for that matter, even tap water is in ways better for the body than RO or distilled waters, because it's structured, according to a PhD friend of mine.

I don't know what Deer Park does to their spring water but to me it tastes a LOT better than RO or distilled.

I'm fixing to buy a new filter for tap water, which will cost me about $250 and new filters will be $120 a year [$10 a month, which is only $2.50 a week and not too expensive IMHO]. You can't put a price tag on your health, and I use a lot of water in soups, drinking, etc.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
there's nothing lile pseudoscience...

Are you referring to something I said? If so, what?

Originally Posted By: Scoot_4_20
How in the heck do you "know" you're getting BPA out of "this stuff".

You may want to read up on BPA, it's not a "type of plastic".

No BPA in Deer Park 1 gallon clear jugs. If I'm not mistaken, most clear water bottles contain no BPA, for those of us that care to avoid BPA.

Are you a politician?

Are you a politician?

Why do you ask, and what's that got to do with this post or what I said?

If you haven't got anything helpful to add to this thread, why not pass to another thread?

The way your original post was written the "I'm getting BPA out of this stuff" seemed as though you were saying "I know there is BPA coming out of this stuff".

Then, although you quote my statement on studying up on what BPA is so you aren't making incorrect statements, you don't respond to it.

To make things clear, BPA is only a perceived concern in Polycarbonate (PC or #7) and epoxy linings. It's not used in the production of PET or PETE (#1) (most clear water bottles), HDPE (#2), LDPE (#4), PP (#5), or PS (#6). Also it typically takes heating the PC to elevated levels to release extremely minute levels of BPA. Lastly, if you're PC container was made in the last 2 years it's most likely not going to contain BPA because companies have taken BPA out of the production of food containers.

That's cool. I guess I was afraid you were giving me a hard time due to the Salt Deficiency post I made the other day.

Some of you seem to know a lot more about BPA than I do. Glad to hear they aren't using BPA any more. Does this mean that bottled waters will not taste like plastic any more?

I'm not going to buy bottled water much longer anyway. I bought a few more gallons of Deer Park today, but I'm going to order a new filter soon. I think I want the above counter fluoride etc., filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back