Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
Anyone take profits today? I would be soon if you didn't today....it's way over-extended.

Hear ya.....

I took profits in a couple stocks that went way up a couple days ago, but that's ok, I did well.
thumbsup2.gif

Based on stuff I've read on here, I bought a chunk of Alcoa stock earlier this week...Tuesday maybe. Timing on that couldn't have been better. I haven't taken anything out yet. Maybe today.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Based on stuff I've read on here, I bought a chunk of Alcoa stock earlier this week...Tuesday maybe. Timing on that couldn't have been better. I haven't taken anything out yet. Maybe today.

Yep - I bought Alcoa at $8.74 & sold at ~$10.60. Was gonna keep it longer, but I wanted the profit secured.

Bloodbath in Europe.

Pretty obvious as they're doing nothing to actually "fix" the problem.

Going to get worse before it gets better.

Really looks that when a big name writer writes something good about the Greek Situation the market goes up and vice versa.

I hate to be a conspirist but I believe that the market is being manipulated:

1. Writer decides on day 1 to buy.
2. Writer issues a good report on the Greek situation
3. Writer sells stock. I wonder if other Bloomburg folks are involved?? I mean its seems pretty clear based on the every day or two cycling of this situation.
mad.gif

Now with a referendum it looks like the big euro banks are going to take an even bigger "hair cut" than planned. Who dreamt up this single currency anyway? 20 different countries, 20 different financial cultures... it's bound to end up badly.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
Now with a referendum it looks like the big euro banks are going to take an even bigger "hair cut" than planned. Who dreamt up this single currency anyway? 20 different countries, 20 different financial cultures... it's bound to end up badly.

I think it is the Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, etc who pegged their currencies to the USD.

My crystal ball?
lol.gif

This week, dunno. Depends on Europe I guess.

IMHO: With the way things go... I bet there will be a start towards a year-end rally. You know, the ones that make the MM's look good on the books at year end.

But it may be another senseless rally, you know the ones with no firm foundation or nothing fundamentally changed...

Thoughts??

Everything is squishy right now. So I just trade in and out.

I've been messing with PF income pick AROW for awhile - in and out, collecting the dividend. So I got curious as to similar regional type banks that are doing OK. I came up with CNAF. Appears to be solid, only problem trading is so thin. But I bought a few hundred shares today - maybe the big guys will notice it.

Also bought FTR today - it's been really beat up. Let's see what they can do.

Theme still sees growth and value!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back