Mixing different brands same weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 1.5 Litres of 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra left from the last oil change as well as a new 4.4L jug of castrol Syntec 5w-30

Is it a bad idea to kill off the ultra and fill the rest with syntec?

I do not think it would be a bad idea, I have done the same thing a few times and have not had any problems.

I'm running a "mix" of at least three different full syn 5w-30 oils in my 3.3L Toyota Highlander with no worries.

Originally Posted By: andrei3333
I have about 1.5 Litres of 5W-30 Pennzoil Ultra left from the last oil change as well as a new 4.4L jug of castrol Syntec 5w-30

Is it a bad idea to kill off the ultra and fill the rest with syntec?

No, it isnt. Go for it.

How many quarts/litres is your sump ? If your sump is 6L then I would buy another litre of Syntec and use only 5.4 litres for winter months, then top off to full in spring.

Ive got a mix of cheap SuperTech with Royal Purple in my Toyota right now. Theres some Synpower in there too! Never throw your leftovers away. Just like leftover night at home. When you have enough to make a meal out of it, its a lot easier than making a fresh one. If your concerned with mixing oils then you need to always stick with one brand and you wont have this concern. I enjoy trying everything there is to try and I am way more than happy to mix my leftovers and I get a cheap thrill out of getting a "free" oil change on the scraps of old jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back