O'Reillys Full Synthetic 0W20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOD

Does anyone know who makes this stuff?

1zn4k2b.jpg

I just saw this in my local store. I did a quick search, but didn't see anything. Does anyone recognize the bottle?

Omni Oil Industries.

I would honestly use the Mobil Super Syn 0w20 over that.

Their 5w30 didn't meet a certain spec they were claiming it to meet. It may be perfectly fine, but there were VOAs and UOAs of here floating around on the other stuff and it wasn't a good one compared to a name brand oil.

I might use it if it was cheap enough.. say 3.49
otherwise I think a name brand 5w20 is probably better imo.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Does anyone know who makes this stuff?

1zn4k2b.jpg

I just saw this in my local store. I did a quick search, but didn't see anything. Does anyone recognize the bottle?

Right on, thanks. I searched Omni and O'Reilly's website and didn't see much info out there on the 0W20. Mainly, I was hoping it had similar specs to the Beck/Arnley 0W20, but I'm guessing it's not...

I agree, there are probably better choices out there for the price, but occasionally they'll discount the house brand stuff pretty heavily.

O'Reilly can get the new Beck/Arnley 0w-20 in your area, so I'd be interested in a price comparison on the stores local to you. If Beck/Arnley is close or cheaper, compare that against their house brand. I'd think it'd be as good. Should be serviceable oil, now if you want to talk extended OCIs? Another story. I wouldn't know.

So, I noticed this stuff was on sale--so I did a quick search on O'Reilly's website to see if there's a PDS sheet. Here it is: http://www.oreillylubetech.com/PDS/Synthetic Multigrade.pdf

While I really appreciate the fact that they give an over/under range, um...well....

40C viscosity 36-52
100C visosity 5.6-9.29

huh?

I can only guess that all of the specs listed are the min/max ranges to meet the specific grade requirements, and there's not this much variability in the product? This is making Castrol's data sheets seem useful...

With a VI of 150, there are 5W-20 dinos that are better.

On the other hand the Beck/Arnley 0W-20 is made by Idemitsu and is good stuff; 200 VI and likely a boatload of moly. It's likely the same stuff I'm running presently in one of my cars. It is heavier than the Toyota 0W-20.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
With a VI of 150, there are 5W-20 dinos that are better.

notice though that the VI is ">150". So, in other words, it could be anything...

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
On the other hand the Beck/Arnley 0W-20 is made by Idemitsu and is good stuff; 200 VI and likely a boatload of moly. It's likely the same stuff I'm running presently in one of my cars. It is heavier than the Toyota 0W-20.

Yeah, and I think my local O'Reilly's is going to stock it. It could be a good option if the Toyota 0W20 takes a dive in the SN-version. For now, I can still get the Toyota stuff for a little over $5.00, but I'm not sure how long that will be the case.

I picked up 5 qt of O'Reilly Full Synthetic 0W-20 today, and have a sample ready to ship out in Tuesday's mail. I'll post the VOA when I get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back