STP ethanol fuel cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in walmart an hour ago and I saw that there was a new STP fuel system cleaner made especially for ethanol blend fuels. Here's STP's product description:

Removes ethanol fuel deposits and helps to restore lost power.

Although Ethanol is an environmentally friendly biofuel, it contains 33% less energy per gallon than regular gasoline which reduces fuel economy. Like regular gas, ethanol fuels can leave deposits on intake values and fuel injectors that further reduce fuel economy. Rust and corrosion may also form and damage fuel system components. This STP® product helps prevent rust and corrosion and removes deposits that can reduce engine performance.

Helps
Prevent rust and corrosion
Saves gas and lowers emissions by removing fuel system deposits
Restore lost power and acceleration
Usage Frequency
Use every oil change or 4,000 miles

Take Note!
STP® Fuel System Cleaner for Ethanol is safe for all gasoline engines.

I put a bottle of it in my del sol and Id love to see if it delivers. Even though at walmart on the shelf it was listed at $2.97 it rang up to $4.77. [censored] you walmart!!!

Let us know how you like the additive. If it were me, I would have let WM know about the price posted on the shelf and the price difference at the register.

Someone else will get a surprise when they get home and look at the receipt and see the difference.

They are mad at me at this WM in Orlando.

I used the Advance Auto flyer, that came in the mail as a price match, to clean them out of the Valvoline SynPower 5W-40, European Blend with the Bosch D+ oil filter for $30.99 before rebates.

I made 3 trips to the WM, since they were the only store that carried the hard to find 5W-40. I picked up 15 quarts of Valvoline Synpower and after rebates the oil and premium filter is only $18 per offer.

They are watching for me at WM....lol

Last edited:
wow you got lucky, they gave you the oil filter as part of the price match too? You got lucky
wink.gif
A few months back I got the PP, at a good price, but they would not give me the Oil Filter (can't remember if it was FRAM or what....)....

BUT, I did wipe them out of 6.99 Seafoam with the AAP ad :p

I too noticed a couple new products appearing in the additive aisle.

"STP Multi-Use Additive" - appears to be a Seafoam competitor....same applications even! Gas, Intake, and crankcase....the directions appear to be the SAME except for the crankcase - they (STP) directions say to idle the car for 15 minutes without a load, before the oil change.....basically using it as a fast "flush" rather than a slow cleaner like seafoam....

I think they may have been a slight dosage difference too....have not pulled an MSDS....but they claim to "not contain alcohol" since alcohol is "bad for combustion" so yea, they are basically directly attacking Seafoam
wink.gif
And it's $2 cheaper than Seafoam even!

But yea, also saw a Lucas product, Ethanol Guard or smthing...OH, and they got the "Berryman's CHEM-DIP" lol......my guess? in my locale, those 4 cans will be sitting on the shelf for some time.....then again, there are quite a few mechanic shops around that may give it a try....it's a gallon size can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back