stp air filter quality??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody familiar with the stp air filter? Picked one up today at Auto-zone. Was planning to pick up the Fram air filter but they weren't in stock. I noticed the stp filters had the same part numbers as the Frams so I'm wondering if it's the same filter re-branded. Thoughts?

stp's are made by champion labs.. anything's better than a fram.

If you compare the paper element of the stp vs. the fram equivalent.. you'lll notice the stp is much more stiffer/less flexible.

Dunno if that's a good or bad, but the stp's have always worked when I had to use 'em.

Originally Posted By: EricF
stp's are made by champion labs.. anything's better than a fram.

I know that's true of the frame oil filters but it was my understanding that their air filters are actually pretty good.

Hello, STP engine air and cabin air filters are a price point and quality (perceived) I prefer. The Mann filters I get do seem a little heavier than a STP or Fram therefore possibly better. Charcoal impregnated cabin filters at $39-$45 aren't what I want to buy. I believe they can't last more than a few hours because they're exposed to the air. STP offers me a disposable, rugged paper element. I've come to prefer them. Also, the real cheap, vacuum formed, wavy white fiber filters-like the TYC brand-are so cheap they should be $2-$3 but they're not. The parts warehouse I go to had those at $7. I went for my second one and the price was $17. Sorry to mix engine and cabin in my post but you get the idea. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back