Need help with Donaldson filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I'm currently using this Donaldson oil filter #P551201:
is there anyone that can give me the corresponding (same features and dimensions) oil filter with synthetic media part number?
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: OnTheWaterfront
Mobil 1: M1-204
Royal Purple: 20-253
Purolator: PL14670

Sorry... I meant corresponding Donaldson oil filter with synthetic media...

Thanks

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
What is the application?

Race car with custom mount.

Thread 3/4 "-16 UNF
Outer Ø (mm) 97
Height (mm) 101
Anti-drain valve
Bypass pressure 2.5 bar

Thanks

If you can fit an FL-1A length filter, the P169071 Donaldson is the one you want.

Ah, see... still have to check if it could fit, but I just saw the relief valve setting is too low, as it is only 8-11 PSI (0.60-0.80 BAR)...

Thanks

Why do you need such a high relief pressure?

Because I have a very high pressure oil pump, and very high cold idle oil pressure, so I want to avoid any bypass.
Anyway that filter is too long...
Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Wolf_Tm250

Because I have a very high pressure oil pump, and very high cold idle oil pressure, so I want to avoid any bypass.
Thanks!

It is going to bypass regardless. Remember, bypass valve actuation is based on pressure differential, not system pressure. When the oil is cold and thick, the media is simply not going to be able to keep up. And forcing a high bypass pressure just means the engine may starve for oil a split second longer while waiting for the bypass to open.

Sucks that it is too long
frown.gif
It is a very good filter.

Originally Posted By: Wolf_Tm250

Thanks!

It is going to bypass regardless. Remember, bypass valve actuation is based on pressure differential, not system pressure. When the oil is cold and thick, the media is simply not going to be able to keep up. And forcing a high bypass pressure just means the engine may starve for oil a split second longer while waiting for the bypass to open.

Yes, I do understand this...
but the idea of a 0.6 bar bypass terrorize me too much...
doesn't make me feel safe...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back