Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
They just got a new car loan and the salesmen told them they had excellent credit.

They always say you have excellent credit. It is when you sign the paper that they didn't give you the best interest rate, which is what matters.

Originally Posted By: Al

They just got a new car loan

Scheesh..amazing..that you would even think about getting another loan.

Had to get another car as she needs it to drive to work. She;s the bread winner and commutes at least 65 miles each way 5 days a week.

Pandabear, normally people who haven't paid their mortgage in the last year would not get a car loan. Forget about the obligatory smoke blowing up the butt by the salesperson.

Dow down almost 400 points. Time for the Fed to intervene and buy Greek bonds.

Yea ...buy their debt, issue debt of our own and China wil buy ours.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
just checked my 401k, and my heart stopped for about 10 seconds.

12k evaporated since Jun 30th because of the Euro crisis.

Just don't look.
grin2.gif
crazy2.gif

It's all relative. I've had $30K+ movements......
banana2.gif

In one day.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
just checked my 401k, and my heart stopped for about 10 seconds.

12k evaporated since Jun 30th because of the Euro crisis.

Just don't look.
grin2.gif
crazy2.gif

It's all relative. I've had $30K+ movements......
banana2.gif

In one day.

True, I was only looking because I was doing a "paradigm shift", moving from International Developed Large Cap Blend to Money Market.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Gold stocks down 6% in Oz today.

Gold dropped even more percentage wise during the 2008 crisis. I got stopped out though! I'll get right back in.

I bought a chunk of AA at $10.00 today. It's below the moving averages and at a low, so we'll see.....

Okay, anybody buying here?

I bought the the last trough and sold the bounce and that's it. I'm all out!

The best thing I ever did was take Pablo's advice and get IBD and read up on William O'Neil's stock market theories using technical analysis. I'll be putting his re-entry strategy to use now that we're in essentially a confirmed bear market, but me thinks we have a ways to go.

I still don't have the nads to day trade or do any kind of serious shorting.

Move all of my and my wife's 401k out of stock funds and into money market and cash equivalent (Fidelity stable whatever since they don't have money market).

I don't feel comfortable until all kinds of debt is over with. Play money is in stocks I bought a couple years ago at low, studying a couple companies that I'm interested in and watching their price.

Okay, anybody buying here?

I've just been too busy to trade lately. I will say this, there are some exceptionally priced stocks right now. I may put a few orders in, but the big guys, I just don't know what they will do next.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back